Butler Max - The Perfect Winter Machine

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Minus 24C below zero, sustained 190F+ AT THE WAND with 150ft of solution hose, 500 PSI and 10 flow. All nice and toasty inside with no doors or windows open. 200 gallons of water and 210 waste means never running out and having to hook up in the cold or planned shorter days in winter which reduce revenue. The aux water tank cantered over the rear axle aids traction. The EXT Express with locking differential never gets stuck, even in deep snow. Cleaning during Canada's cold winters is a breeze with the Butler!

img0516j.jpg
img0521g.jpg

img0493x.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Direct drive with secondary HE off the blower delivers as much heat as you could want. I just bypass the secondary HE in the summer. Heat and suck on my WM 1200 is as good as it gets. DD are great in the winter because the primary HE is always keeping the machine toasty warm and there is little chance of freezing if you park for an hour or two.

Downside is Cost, Fuel consumption and difficulty swapping vans.
What engine RPM dose the butlers run at? My WM runs at 1500. I hear that some of the old hydramasters run at 2500 :shock:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Very nice setup and eye-catching hose.

I'd still try to park closer. My Nissan also keeps van toasty.

In bitterly cold weather I've kept a 50' section of solution line inside a spare 50' section of vacuum hose to insulate it.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
ACE said:
Direct drive with secondary HE off the blower delivers as much heat as you could want. I just bypass the secondary HE in the summer. Heat and suck on my WM 1200 is as good as it gets. DD are great in the winter because the primary HE is always keeping the machine toasty warm and there is little chance of freezing if you park for an hour or two.

Downside is Cost, Fuel consumption and difficulty swapping vans.
What engine RPM dose the butlers run at? My WM runs at 1500. I hear that some of the old hydramasters run at 2500 :shock:

On high speed it runs at 1750 rpm which translates to 3500 rpm for the blower. On high it uses 1.7 gallons per hour according to the vans computer.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
minus 'move into the 20th century already' :lol:

11.2F

It actually was -28C when I started and the wind chill was minus 38.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
danielc said:
How well would the butler dual wand? You say it has plenty of suck?

More than 500 CFM. I measured 550 minimum and up at the filter box with Bristor CFM kit. Not sure how accurate those gauges are over 500 CFM but it screams. The factory lift setting is 15 hg. Makes a Cleanco look a tinker toy.

I work by myself, so I can't comment on dual wanding, but I think that the heat would not keep up.

I run 100ft of 2.5" on the reel and carry in 50ft (2x25ft) and then 2.5" to the van. The large volume filter box and disposable 5 gallon bags at $.59 per bag create very little resistance which work very well for maintaining optimum air flow.

I sold my air paths. Carpets dry to the touch in under an hour.

Do I miss my 240,000 BTU propane heater? No. Not for one minute!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why park in the snow and cold?

Go electric and you can park in the client's garage and shut the door.

Then you will have the perfect winter machine and your cliebt's wont have to put up with cold drafts and snow tracked in.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Know it all Googelwell. Strikes again. Bitterly cold. Ive cleaned before @ -20 degrees not including the wind chill. I have never needed to insulate a solution line. Bitterly cold. You have no clue. Your new name is Topper. ****** fishing story I caught a 4 pound crappie. Googlewell/Toppers fishing story I caught a 5 pound crappie. LMFAO!

Golden Boy

Royal Man said:

Then you will have the perfect winter machine and your cliebt's wont have to put up with cold drafts and snow tracked in.

Your lift has to be pretty shitty! I agree it may be beneficial to have an electric machine certain times of the year, but for the other times I want a super suck flame throwing machine (I don't have one but sure as hell want one) to bang these big jobs out. Dave please shoot some video of just one of your jobs so we can see how good your machine does.

Bill Soukoreff said:
Minus 24C below zero, sustained 190F+ AT THE WAND with 150ft of solution hose, 500 PSI and 10 flow. All nice and toasty inside with no doors or windows open. 200 gallons of water and 210 waste means never running out and having to hook up in the cold or planned shorter days in winter which reduce revenue. The aux water tank cantered over the rear axle aids traction. The EXT Express with locking differential never gets stuck, even in deep snow. Cleaning during Canada's cold winters is a breeze with the Butler!

img0516j.jpg
img0521g.jpg

img0493x.jpg

What kind of wand are you running and how is it set up?

What's the story behind your rig?

Did you buy it new and what was the cost?

I like the large tanks on it!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Royal Man said:

I like to see proof that that you have given full disclosure to your liability insurance company about parking a vechicle with a propane powered heater in a customers garage. Really, give the name of the company and let us phone them and ask what they think? Until you do, it is a mute point.

...funny you asked, I had an extremely powerful electric truck mount and propane heater. And while I achieved excellent results, cold basements were an issue due to low lift and low productivity. My productivity is up over 30% going to the Butler Max. My experience is that most vans will not fit in a standard garage and the customer would rather keep their cars in the garage rather than worry about my convenience. A door guard and a couple of moving blankets for the hardwood or tile floor solves those issues you mentioned and shows the customer we care, which is a bonus.

Becker

Name
Becker
Royal Man said:

I'd still not park in their garage.

Nice set up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Royal Man said:

are you serious, Dave??

"'squooze me, Mrs Phiff, but you don't mind if i pull in your garage and leave all this slush, salt and road grime drip all over your garage floor whilst I clean your carpets, right?....."

..L.T.A.

janitrex

How do you like the no windows? Im about to replace my 04 butler and had thought about a window less van. More space for putting graphics.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
janitrex said:
How do you like the no windows? Im about to replace my 04 butler and had thought about a window less van. More space for putting graphics.

My biggest regret when I bought my Express van after driving my "87 GMC Vandura for 15 years was not having windows on the side doors. The old van had a big window on the sliding door and with the two side mirrors you had tremendous visibility. Without side windows on the Express there is a large blind spot which creates a few terrifying moments as you pull into traffic, especially when two roads merge into one or you want to get over into the right lane quickly.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Art Kelley said:
janitrex said:

My biggest regret when I bought my Express van after driving my "87 GMC Vandura for 15 years was not having windows on the side doors. The old van had a big window on the sliding door and with the two side mirrors you had tremendous visibility. Without side windows on the Express there is a large blind spot which creates a few terrifying moments as you pull into traffic, especially when two roads merge into one or you want to get over into the right lane quickly.

You are so right. I have had 2 Express vans with no side windows never again!!! The extra signage area ain't worth risking my life or anyone elses.

Chris A

Name
Chris
RGH269 said:
Art Kelley said:
janitrex said:

You are so right. I have had 2 Express vans with no side windows never again!!! The extra signage area ain't worth risking my life or anyone elses.

My 09 has factory split mirrors that eliminate that. My 07 has a bitch of a blind spot

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had one van with no side or rear windows .
it's easy to change lanes and merge with spot mirrors .
Little stick on spot mirrors come in many sizes and I guarantee you can find one that will fit any size van/truck mirror.
You'll never have a blind spot on your sides with them...EVERY van I've owned gets them ..windows or not ..they're simply a MUST if you ask me

the real problem with no side windows are intersections when you have to climb out of the seat to look .
and/or backing out of spots where nearly the whole van is in the road before you can see what's coming

..L.T.A.

I think I am going to tint my windows so they are black.

I really don't want anyone to know what I carry in my van.

Back on topic the butler looks like a great set-up. How much space do you have in the truck.

As far as dual wanding forget about the heat, how is the suction.

Everyday I tell myself I need a bigger truck. I just don't want to deal with all the complications of a large pto machine.

And I really like having everything paid for.

How about an interior pic?

PCCN

danielc said:
Royal Man said:

Your lift has to be pretty shitty! I agree it may be beneficial to have an electric machine certain times of the year, but for the other times I want a super suck flame throwing machine (I don't have one but sure as hell want one) to bang these big jobs out. Dave please shoot some video of just one of your jobs so we can see how good your machine does.

OK, I have to agree with Jr. on this. Using a porty (Banes included) just makes a guy wanna cuss like a sailor. Yea, we all have to use portables sometime such as highrise, etc., but there is no way anyone with half a brain would want to waste time, energy, and money using one when his TM is SOO much faster and better.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
danielc said:
I think I am going to tint my windows so they are black.

I really don't want anyone to know what I carry in my van.

Back on topic the butler looks like a great set-up. How much space do you have in the truck.

As far as dual wanding forget about the heat, how is the suction.

Everyday I tell myself I need a bigger truck. I just don't want to deal with all the complications of a large pto machine.

And I really like having everything paid for.

How about an interior pic?

If you are happy with the suction dual wanding with your Prochem Everest then you will love the suction with the Butler Max. It has more suction and lift than a Everest 408.

There is not much room left in the back, by keep in mind I have the extra 100 gallon auxiliary tank. 200 gallons of water was more important to me than extra space. I can still fit a cimex or rotary. Vacuum is tucked away behind shelf. I don't own or use a porty, but i think there is room if needed. I love how there is a space for everything. I am so organized now. :lol:

img0598ws.jpg

img0599be.jpg

Here is my onboard Kinetico water softner and 3M 100,000 gallon sediment pre filter (extends life of softener resin):
img0596sk.jpg

You also asked what wand I use. It is a CMP 14" (started as a greenhorn) with Joe Bristors Sheer Kit, Westpac SS valve and Temp Gauge. I use a hybrid back strain reliever with 5-02 jets. I like the wand better the the PC Titanium, but I seem to be the odd man out on that one.

Expensive toy, yes, but my business was ready for it and I don't regret it. In fact, it is the best decision I have made for business so far. I am fortunate in live in a good city that has not been hit too hard economy wise. I thought I would never own a direct drive, but Butler convinced me. As for the competition, I live 3-4 km from Cleanco head office but Butler leaves Cleanco with a huge inferiority complex. Price is similar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom