Butler Max - The Perfect Winter Machine

Bill Soukoreff said:
danielc said:
I think I am going to tint my windows so they are black.

I really don't want anyone to know what I carry in my van.

Back on topic the butler looks like a great set-up. How much space do you have in the truck.

As far as dual wanding forget about the heat, how is the suction.

Everyday I tell myself I need a bigger truck. I just don't want to deal with all the complications of a large pto machine.

And I really like having everything paid for.

How about an interior pic?

If you are happy with the suction dual wanding with your Prochem Everest then you will love the suction with the Butler Max. It has more suction and lift than a Everest 408.

There is not much room left in the back, by keep in mind I have the extra 100 gallon auxiliary tank. 200 gallons of water was more important to me than extra space. I can still fit a cimex or rotary. Vacuum is tucked away behind shelf. I don't own or use a porty, but i think there is room if needed. I love how there is a space for everything. I am so organized now. :lol:

img0598ws.jpg

img0599be.jpg

Here is my onboard Kinetico water softner and 3M 100,000 gallon sediment pre filter (extends life of softener resin):
img0596sk.jpg

You also asked what wand I use. It is a CMP 14" (started as a greenhorn) with Joe Bristors Sheer Kit, Westpac SS valve and Temp Gauge. I use a hybrid back strain reliever with 5-02 jets. I like the wand better the the PC Titanium, but I seem to be the odd man out on that one.

Expensive toy, yes, but my business was ready for it and I don't regret it. In fact, it is the best decision I have made for business so far. I am fortunate in live in a good city that has not been hit too hard economy wise. I thought I would never own a direct drive, but Butler convinced me. As for the competition, I live 3-4 km from Cleanco head office but Butler leaves Cleanco with a huge inferiority complex. Price is similar.

That is a great setup.

What kind of warranty do you get with the truck and for how many miles?

I could really benefit from carrying extra water. A lot of properties I clean have water turned off and locked at the street. I can usually make it through even on a large home by running on low in summer, and just spraying the dirtiest areas, but I could stand to carry a little more water.

There is enough space for a 175 and I could cram the rest of my tile stuff in.

I like it.

Also I need a new wand and want one with a hybrid glide. I'll check the westpac out. Even though I took the check valves out of my extenders I think they still mess up the flow. It's weird but one wand just puts more volume out and they both have new jets.

If I had the space which I absolutely do not, I would up the flow and install some kind of post heat and use it on an as needed basis.

I don't have the space. I keep everything I need to do wood, tile, and carpets in the truck including color seal and what not. It's easier to sell when you have it on the truck.

lance

Great set-up Bill. You are happy with the Butler and that is all that matters.

Can you post what model of the 3M pre-filter that you use? I think I will get one for my softener also. Thanks for the idea.

Have fun in the snow. somewhat amus

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Hi Lance, I use the 3M Aqua-Pure AP903. Sediment and Chlorine removal for up to 100,000 gallons and high flow rates up to 20 gallons per minute (GPM). It is not cheap, but will last a very long time.

I noticed you don't have any reels. If you had reels, you would have zero space.

How does that work for you? I would need to carry at a minimum 300 feet of hose.

I do like how you have the hose stored though. I think I am going to start wrapping the first section up like that so I don't have to wind and unwind on each job. We carry that hose in anyways.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He's got them on the live hose reel that faces the side doors, the others are probably just spare hose.

We keep 150 on the live reels and do as Bill and store the rest in the rear usually 2-50ft sections.

I love the Butler's, but one of the few weak links in the design is their hose reels.

The solution reel can't store too much without getting into a bind and hitting the hose guide. Maybe since it is a live reel it's purposeful?

The vacuum hose reel has similar storage concerns and we've even had to have a couple of spokes on both our Butlers re welded.

Other than that they are pretty sweet machines. The guys really like the Butler in the box for the space and because you can stand upright in it.

janitrex

Daniel, take a look at the butler website, it explains everything in detail about the system,options etc. Well worth taking the time to look around.

www.butlersystem.com

As far as the reels go, the new ones will hold 200ft of hose.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Wyatt Earp said:
He's got them on the live hose reel that faces the side doors, the others are probably just spare hose.

We keep 150 on the live reels and do as Bill and store the rest in the rear usually 2-50ft sections.

I love the Butler's, but one of the few weak links in the design is their hose reels.

The solution reel can't store too much without getting into a bind and hitting the hose guide. Maybe since it is a live reel it's purposeful?

The vacuum hose reel has similar storage concerns and we've even had to have a couple of spokes on both our Butlers re welded.

Other than that they are pretty sweet machines. The guys really like the Butler in the box for the space and because you can stand upright in it.

Sorry, I did not post a side pic as I thought everyone here was a familiar with Butlers layout. The newer reels (I believe 2009 and newer) are pretty much perfect. I have 150ft (Parflex) single length on my live solution hose reel with 80ft of Bristors's hose skin on the inside of the reel to prevent hose cooking. So far so good. No issues like Richard reports. I run 100 ft of 2.5 on the electric vacuum hose reel (not live) and it works like a charm. The motor has been beefed up in recent years. Pulls easy and fits 100 ft of 2.5" nicely with no issues. I carry in my 2" lead vacuum hose as I like it clean and new looking. I order mine with an extra side port as the 2.5" leaves little room for the solution hose. Mine also has barn doors unlike most Butlers. Just my personal preference. I like how every runs out the side door.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Wyatt Earp said:
Butler in a box is an 05.

I would like to see a picture of that setup :!:

:arrow: Lows in the single digits for the next few days. That’s cold enough to freeze pipes. How long till your d!ck swinging post about the number you jobs you turned?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom