Butler Roots blower question

ProTEchcc

Name
William
Today while greasing the blower the "Seal Lip-Drive", that's what the schematic calls it, popped off. The grease relief port did let the excess grease out so this popped off. I pushed it back on but am wondering if this is the sign of a problem? Can I run the machine? It has to happen of a Saturday.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Today while greasing the blower the "Seal Lip-Drive", that's what the schematic calls it, popped off. The grease relief port did let the excess grease out so this popped off. I pushed it back on but am wondering if this is the sign of a problem? Can I run the machine? It has to happen of a Saturday.

Can you post a pic or text me one?

218-259-9099

Name
Matt Middleton
That happened to me when the relief port didn't open and the pressure popped of the seal. I couldn't get it to stay when I reinserted it.

New seal from Butler, remove pulley, install new seal, reinstall pully and life is good.

Reactions: Todd Millar

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
I had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago, Mikey is right if you warm up the machine first it really helps the grease flow as you pump the the zerks!
When that stuff is cold it can be very stiff and hard to move when you pump more grease in there.

Reactions: Mikey P
Back
Top Bottom