Butler Vortex impersonator!

bonesheal

That's using a gas engine, isn't it? If they could adapt it to a diesel they may have a seriously long-lasting machine.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I just sold a 2004 Butler to a repeat customer who had bought a 2000 Butler from me in '05. He says the 2000 is still going gangbusters for him and this will be an additional unit for him. Pretty good longevity if you ask me. Butlers are money machines.

bonesheal

Ken Snow said:
I just sold a 2004 Butler to a repeat customer who had bought a 2000 Butler from me in '05. He says the 2000 is still going gangbusters for him and this will be an additional unit for him. Pretty good longevity if you ask me. Butlers are money machines.

I don't disagree (owning a Butler myself), but the weakness in a Butler System is the vehicle, not the truckmount. The unit will probably last forever, why not put it in a long-lasting vehicle?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I rebuild/resell Butlers. Yes, the sad thing is the clutch on their CDS is only rated about 20 HP. White Magic’s (to my knowledge) has the highest rated CDS clutch/shaft and it’s
not over 25HP. So you’ve got to use a transmission PTO to get HP like a Vortex.

Thx,
Dale

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
bonesheal said:
That's using a gas engine, isn't it? If they could adapt it to a diesel they may have a seriously long-lasting machine.

You have both options in those machines, gas or desiel, and I they are one of the few that allow the clutch drive on the diesel gmc van's as well... I believe.

bonesheal

sweendogg said:
bonesheal said:

You have both options in those machines, gas or desiel, and I they are one of the few that allow the clutch drive on the diesel gmc van's as well... I believe.

GMC allows it or Butler allows it? I wouldn't think the diesel would do the rpms for the Butler system. Not that I know anything. It would be a very attractive machine if it ran on a diesel and had 150+ gallon tanks available.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
But gas or deseil, it still uses the same HP limiting shaft.

Now IMO if somone designed a Trasmission mount PTO, with a machine like a Butler to fit a Sprinter, he'd rule the industry. Shawn York, why not put your Engineers to that challange? Or hire me to do it?

Thx,
Dale

A

amazingcleansc

image_35.jpg

Butler has this special knack for hogging all the space.

I shudder to think of how much people are paying pto prices for cds units.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
come up with a pto for the sprinter that will turn a 5 or 6 blower , tankless ,utilizing a raw sewage pump-out . great fuel economy plus plenty of suck. the diesel will easily handle it.

convince Mercedes not to void the warranty.
I suggested that very thing to Duane last month but didn't get a response.

The diamond plate will look like it's been dipped in acid in short order. I covered mine with rhino.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom