buying a butler- what packages and options do you like?

Hi,
We are buying a Butler and would like some info from all you Butler owners.

What packages and options do you like?
What things have been a waste of time or money?

Thanks for the input,

Melissa

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I don't have one, however my Friend does.
1991 butler with I believe all of the packages in a 1995 GMC.
The truck and unit are a WORK HORSE!!!
He will defiantly buy another one.

All The Best, Rob
PS. LOW MAINTENANCE

Mikey P

Administrator
That 210 waste will loose you a ton of suck.

I skipped on the fresh tank to save precious real estate.

I personally would wait until they offer their units in a box truck.

Just not enough room in the vans and the longevity of those Chevy motors sucks.

Brad_Smith

Marty peter lied. The 210 takes up no more space and eats no tires. I know there are no teeth marks in my tires. It may be a bit of space to suck up when empty though causing a loss of cfm or lift.

Get the 210, all 3 packages, high heat, and I wish I had the garden hose damnit. Those door organizers do get in the way though, cut em off.

Brad

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
210 gal. waste tank in a Chevy van, no room for fans or rotory.

That thing will be a low rider!!!!

G

I have the fat tanks in 1 of them and I can still carry a Rotary, 2 5 gallon pails, the vac, GLS and a ninga.

Some people I tell ya.

Oh yeah, they all have the factory alum rims now with the 773 Bridgestones and they go 40k no problem.

So Marty, maybe Peter has another problem. We rotate the tires every 5k and change the oil every 2500 miles amongst the 3 vans.

Greenie

For crying out loud get a bigger hose reel.

Ordering the 4007 blower and running a stock live hose reel and 2" hose is a serious handicap, make provisions now for 2.5" hose and unleash the potential of that 500 cfm blower.

Unless you seriously have a dumping problem, why would you order a 210 waste tank in a standard van?
at some point a pump out will be a better use of space and money.

Tell em to keep the 10" 3 jet wand, and save that money for a higher production tool more suited to your vacuum potential.

High heat sounds good, but hasn't been running long enough in the field to figure out if blower life is being sacrificed, quite a few blower replacements out there, inconclusive if it's the high heat or not.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We ran the Butler 210 gallon waste tank for several years and didn't feel that it took up that much space, actually using waste space more efficiently behind the hose reel. Peace of mind on longer projects was worth it, especially since the apo at that time only worked when the wand was not on the carpet.

Of course you rarely run very far with it full, so that's not much of an issue.

I think the BIG trucks should have BIG waste tanks...

Get an extended van if space is an issue.

Brad_Smith

I have the 210. I also carry a brute, cimex, and 20"TMpro. I still have room for a hoover conquest and battery sprayer. Now you don't want that tank full and the fresh water. BTW I don't think it holds anywhere near 210 gallons.

Brad

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So far we have not had any trouble with the additional weight of the big waste tank. I think a lot of the space it takes up would have been wasted space any way.

APO's are good, I'll get both on my next Butler, just so we have the option to do either.

Greenie the small hose reel is a pain, it would be nice if they offered a larger one as an option.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom