buying first truckmount

G

Our business is growing and we use portable machines. I'm thinking about buying a truckmount. When does someone do this as business gets bigger? What kind should I buy first?

Thank you all for the help.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
The guys I have dealt with will move into a truckmount when they get busy enough that being more efficient will net them more profit.

You can and will be able to clean more carpet per day/week/month with less labor than with a full time use of a portable.

Align yourself with a local distributor whom you can trust. One who is interested in building a long lasting relationship.

Don't buy more machine than what you need. If your just doing residential carpet don't go out and buy the 23,000 dollar machine when the 13,000 dollar might be all the machine you'll need.

Spend as much as your budget will allow on time saving and labor easing accessories. Such as an electric hose reel or a water tank. Make sure everything has a specific place on your van. Buy the block and tab holders, in line sprayer holder, wand clips, etc.. Organization will go a long way.

Sure you can buy a great machine built in someones garage that takes up 3/4 of your van, but why not spend a little extra money and buy a simplified space saving machine. Make sure there is support after the sale. Not just from your distributor but from the Manufacturer as well.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
When it becomes more efficient to use a truck mount
on a daily basis. Remember there is more cost involved
in running one, however it should be able to pay for itself
as long as the workload is enough to sustain your payments.

All The Best, Rob

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Carlos can you give me your address so I can direct the INS to where you live?

JoeP

Get the best you can Do not buy any thing you have not seen working in the field no matter what you see posted any where that's what i did got to ride along for a day with a couple differ ant company's running differ ant kinds of truckmounts was a real good experience for me and my company

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Buy used to start with. You always get more for your money taking advantage of the fool that bought new when he couldn't afford it.

It's lesser expensive and funner to make more kids. Put them out with the ninjas as soon as they can walk and charge 5.95 per room!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Carlos didn't I just talk to you when you were cooking at the "All you can eat Chinese buffet"?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a pair of Hydramasters for sale, call me. 1-785 232-3779 Topeka is just a few hours away.

Omaha, do you know Jimmy?

I could even demo one for you, we could do Jimmy's house, he loves us tan guys! (would love for us to move!) :wink:

8)

G

Thank you to most of the posts.

Richard I will call you about the used machines. I think that might be the best way to start to move up from the portables. I do not know Jimmy. I have heard about him and here he seems like he does not want to meet me. I'd like to meet him and learn more but will keep going regardless.

Mr. Lawrence it's sad that honest hardworking people get abused in the way we do at times. I'm sorry you don't like my picture. It tells of me so I will leave it. Talk like that makes me work even harder. My new business is good and I like it.

Thanks for the advice.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just entered the TM world and I think the best thing you could do is pay cash, do not go into debt. Make everything pay for itself, so if your running portys upgrade them to almost truckmount where you can leave them on the truck until you haveenough$$$$$$$ to buy something in the $$$$ range you can afford. Unless you have a ton of start up cash you will be much happier this way. I own everything I have and it just makes it easier deciding how to market based on my ad cost rather than worrying about my equipment etc plus my ad costs. If you wanna take a chance and buy a V with a great marketing program I bet you would be successful, but it is your gamble. I bought a box truck with an avenger 450 and incorporated my propane heater from my porty set up and rotovac(wish I could wand but my ads are rotovac). I get no complaints. So find a great used prochem or some other slide in and ask the people on the boards about the machines and you should do alright at a lower level truckmount for now. My 2.75 cents

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Carlos, be sure to get in touch with Chuck here on the board. He's a bright, helpful individual who I know you will connect with at many levels.

Give him my kindest regards.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
:lol: Why didn't we see that earlier?

I must say it's a pretty good scam.

Would the real Slim Shady please stand up!

I might of been more on the ball if I hadn't cut myself on a bar of soap and lost so much blood.

Scott Hayward

What is up with the racial comments?

Scam or no scam...what is up with the racial comments posted on this message board? We all bleed red and we can't help who screwed who to make us who we are! Need I say more?

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom