bye bye pto

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So there will be one less prochem pto out there. I will be draining my 25 gallons of hydraulic fluid in the morning and taking this pos out of the van.
I have a rebulit steamway with 22hp kohler ,45 blower and lg ht3 for heat. Looking forward to not having the van running wondering when she is going to blow.
Next is find a ford van. I'm done with GM they cost too much to repair after 100K.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I seen that one. I have put out so much $$ keeping this van alive and buliding this machine that I can't afford that right now. If he still has it in a few weeks I might get it. I already have people waiting to be cleaned.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So how do the ford transmissions hold up? that is in the hills. 106 is nothig on that motor.

mcatt

Name
Mike
My vans tranny has been fine but the shifter for putting her in gear seems to be getting worn with all the weight from the van. Like when on inclines and such.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Not bad for an 18 yo van.

Ford has had only one body style change since 1993. The new body style came out in 2008.

A 2008 E350 ext w 106k miles will probably cost you about $15k. Give or take.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So how do the ford transmissions hold up? that is in the hills. 106 is nothig on that motor.

never blew a Ford tranny and typically run them to 200K miles or better

I've never run a PTO/direct drive TM either ...which i think causes LOTS of troubles on a van's drive train ...vans aren't made/engineered to run standing still.
Purely anecdotal on my part, but it seems guys with direct drive units typically have more "van troubles" than those that run slide-ins
Water pumps, trannys, heat related engine compartment failures, etc are more common to direct drives

..l.T.A.

.l.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I've killed 2 (ford big block) e4od transmissions, within 2 months of each other.
The first one went because of inadequate trans cooler, the second one went because the burnt fluid was not totally drained and it killed the second.

Now I have the factory cooler + a large after market cooler. No more issues.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The hydraulic power transfer was the weak point. Surprised there was still one in daily use.

For PTO use a van must have a transmission cooler (even better a tow package with a larger radiator and power steering cooler as well) and run synthetic oil. 100k on the odo and 10k on the hour meter are nothing for a well designed PTO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom