C huck DeWalt the drying Guru

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is a hoot.

I had the pleasure to sit in on a mini "101" structural drying basics class yesterday at Pembertons.

(BTW, thanks Lee, Jim and the whole Pemberton staff
youinz are top shelf in my book!)

anyway, it wasn't 15 minutes into Chuck's class that I knew he was "my kind of guy"

The dude don't pull no punches and calls it as he sees it.
Very VERY enlightening

Thanks Pembertons and Chuck!
If i ever get into WD restoration, Chuck's school in Tennessee will be the first one I take

side note, It was nice to see Rob Lyon, Ron Betty and JB again too
(as well as my industry heros Lee and Jim, of coarse)

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rctpks said:
Larry,
Which Chuck did the class the dad or the son?

Dad

have been to his drying facility, Rich?
Guess they have a 1000sf building they flood and dry as part of hands on training

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea, I went to the first one he held in Morristown (out in the sticks).

Claude Blackburn, Kurt Bolden, Dan Poske, Bob Bonwell, it was a who's who, but they let me sneek in anyway!

The dude is nutz, it was winter and he had shorts on, had a long ass pony tail, and anytime he wanted to make a point, he would jump up on the desk and preach.

I was like WTF did Dan send me to, but as the day went on I realized there was actually some meat on the bone!

While he didn't invent the Top Down drying process, he was the one that promoted and changed the industry with it.

I think someone said Ford Halter was one of the first to Top Down dry. ???

Dan has met Chuck's son, Chuck III and said he is very sharp and really knows his drying science, we still need to attend his class.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rctpks said:
had a long ass pony tail,

he's sporting a normal doo now
But i did notice a his gay looking diamond earring
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

just that white dudes shouldn't wear a diamond earring.
Only black dudes can get away with it and not look queer

Straight white dudes should wear a hoop like Mr Clean if they want to wear chic's jewelry...

..L.T.A.

leesenter

I went to his 101 class in Toronto last month. He stood there in class saying only three meters had both non-penetrating, penetrating and thermo-hygrometer capabilities. He said the Delmhorst one had to be blue in colour. Well I told him my Delmhorst was yellow and he told me I was wrong?!? Anyways we ended up betting on it and I supposedly won a class at his facility for free. I was a bit embarrassed but I'll live with it.
But i got a free class!

You are right though Larry, his enthusiasm is contagious. And he has tested almost every piece of drying equipment out there. He knows better than anyone what angles to put what air mover at , what dehumidifiers really deliver and how to actually place the dehumidifiers.

His MERP chart has me really intrigued. I guess I'll have to take him up on the course before I go for my WLS from the RIA.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lee make sure you rent a car with GPS, it's out there in the sticks!

Good luck on your WLS, it was the toughest class I ever took, 5-days concentrating was tough all by itself.

I barely passed, it was the first WLS class, they were writing the test during the class. :shock:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the dad is very cool and if you say something that is wrong he will call you out and correct you quickly. i like the way he structually dries and when i found out he is a believer in heat to dry i knew he was the real deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom