Call back.

Name
Swani
About 4 months ago I cleaned a real nice home with several urine spots from their older dog that's on medication. The spots were a different color than usual because of the medication. I used Unduz and my water claw on the spots. Now the other day they call and tell me that the spots are coming back. I asked if the animals were marking the spot again, and they said they are not. The owners are very nice people and said to just come back whenever. I think it's possible the dogs are marking again but I'm also concerned about the medication I their diet causing wick backs. I know the time frame of notification is a little late, but I'm willing to eat this because I should have set expectations better and I'm not about to argue over these spots and create an unhappy customer and lose them and their neighborhood. So with all that being said I'm wondering how you guys would treat these spots? I was thinking about doing some biomodifier injections and coming back a week later and flushing with OSR. And this time I will set expectations better. But I'm open to suggestions on how to treat these spots better.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
About 4 months ago I cleaned a real nice home with several urine spots from their older dog that's on medication. The spots were a different color than usual because of the medication. I used Unduz and my water claw on the spots. Now the other day they call and tell me that the spots are coming back. I asked if the animals were marking the spot again, and they said they are not. The owners are very nice people and said to just come back whenever. I think it's possible the dogs are marking again but I'm also concerned about the medication I their diet causing wick backs. I know the time frame of notification is a little late, but I'm willing to eat this because I should have set expectations better and I'm not about to argue over these spots and create an unhappy customer and lose them and their neighborhood. So with all that being said I'm wondering how you guys would treat these spots? I was thinking about doing some biomodifier injections and coming back a week later and flushing with OSR. And this time I will set expectations better. But I'm open to suggestions on how to treat these spots better.
Urine can show up darker and be more difficult to treat when an animal is on medication or special diets. My first step is applying heavy amounts of an acidic urine product, then flushing and maybe followed with an osr type product. I never guaranty urine treatments and always warn the clients that wicking may occur and we will charge for repeat treatments.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

How long did the spots take to come back, and have they sent pictures/have you seen them?

First, let me make it clear: I love Unduzit Unleashed, both as a distributor and as a user of the product for friends, family, and my rental properties.

That said, if its not very thoroughly flushed from the carpet, it can attract soil

What you might have here is resoiling, not urine wick back or repeated acts of liquid vandalism by the pooch.

steve_64

This time of year homes get humid inside. Probably wicked back up from really deep like pad or sub floor. I try and inform customers of this issue when working on urine or spills.
I agree touch it up with clean towel and peroxide unless it's fresh spots. You should be able to tell the difference upon inspection.
A moisture detector may help determine if it's fresh or old.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
How long did the spots take to come back, and have they sent pictures/have you seen them?

First, let me make it clear: I love Unduzit Unleashed, both as a distributor and as a user of the product for friends, family, and my rental properties.

That said, if its not very thoroughly flushed from the carpet, it can attract soil

What you might have here is resoiling, not urine wick back or repeated acts of liquid vandalism by the pooch.
I have not seen the spots yet. They said they started to wick about a month ago. When I go to do my check I'll see if they're sticky or oily with soil or just saturated from repeat offenders. I also bought a moisture probe to help me determine.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have not seen the spots yet. They said they started to wick about a month ago. When I go to do my check I'll see if they're sticky or oily with soil or just saturated from repeat offenders. I also bought a moisture probe to help me determine.

Wicking shows up at the last minutes of drying, so it’s not wicking Nick. Don’t count on your moisture detector to be a “ lie detector”. If there is enough UnDuzIt to attract soil on the surface yarns, there is enough in the pad to attract moisture.

My money is on it being UnDuzIt residue. If you are going out to inspect it, in the time it would take you to debate with the customer whether it’s urine or residue, you can rinse it and treat it with Encapugard or Spot Stop. Your distributor Express has both I’m sure.

Even though those are primarily designed to stop wicking, they also will stop resoiling.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I also like Unduzit.

One simple question, How long did you allow the Unduzit to dwell on the urine before rinse/extracting with the water claw?

If NOT long enough, the urine crystals my not have been neutralized.

If it's been humid or raining where they are, they crystals could have accepted moisture from the air, again causing the current problem.

Just a thought.

:yoda::very_drunk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom