Cam to Plan

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
This is by far the best phone app ive ever used.
Uses Googles Augmented Reality to draw out sqft room measurements.

You mark each point and move your phone to draw the line, you can go around objects drawing out the room then it automatically calculates sqft.

So far very accurate

Screenshot_20190124-190836_CamToPlan.jpg

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Lee Stockwell
I used to but its .50/sqft now
That has to include the overhead for the "free" estimate, sometimes an extra trip and delay as well.

I do find the app interesting for situations requiring such details, but it would be an impediment to the way we roll.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
That has to include the overhead for the "free" estimate, sometimes an extra trip and delay as well.

I do find the app interesting for situations requiring such details, but it would be an impediment to the way we roll.
I feel you, we just switched over to sqft pricing.

Sometimes it requires an estimate but not always.. the job $ tickets are however much higher.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I feel you, we just switched over to sqft pricing.

Sometimes it requires an estimate but not always.. the job $ tickets are however much higher.
Just raise your flat rate. I did sq ft for several decades until visiting a friend's business in Nashville that helped me fine tune "unit" pricing. Everybody gets hung up on the big room pricing, whereas the key is actually holding the line on small area prices.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just raise your flat rate. I did sq ft for several decades until visiting a friend's business in Nashville that helped me fine tune "unit" pricing. Everybody gets hung up on the big room pricing, whereas the key is actually holding the line on small area prices.
Big rooms get priced as 2 or more rooms. Some people have a rec room in the basement that's the same sqft as the entire main floor.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I measure. Why? It gives me time to inspect the job. It lets me UV the carpet for pee. It lets me listen and explain. It creates a period of acceptance for extras like protectant.
It puts the whole shop-by-price issue right in the garbage can.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
If you do anything by sqft the app is pretty handy, just finshed a commercial job, pretty much no way to section this one into rooms or areas would just confuse the owner.

Attached the layouts to housecall invoice.

Working on tile shower bathroom walls and floor used it to get some really awkward sqft would take a while to add it all up manually

Theres the screen shot of a section from commercial carpets, took less than 10min to get that

Screenshot_20190125-120201_CamToPlan.jpg

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If you do anything by sqft the app is pretty handy, just finshed a commercial job, pretty much no way to section this one into rooms or areas would just confuse the owner.

Attached the layouts to housecall invoice.

Working on tile shower bathroom walls and floor used it to get some really awkward sqft would take a while to add it all up manually

Theres the screen shot of a section from commercial carpets, took less than 10min to get that

Looks pretty cool. How much is the app?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Free, 5$ per year if you want to use the advanced stuff like vertical walls and 3D planning but any flooring/horizontal sqft just free version.

Im using galaxy s9+ not sure how it works with other phones

The old measuring apps were terrible but google AR is pretty on point

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
When on the phone we give them an approx room price but now actually measure it. Repeats dont even ask about price and dont blink an eye.

We were around $50 per room and would still hold that on smaller ones but theres tons of mid range competition around here.... very little competition in the premium $500+ ticket range

Reactions: Cleanworks

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Free, 5$ per year if you want to use the advanced stuff like vertical walls and 3D planning but any flooring/horizontal sqft just free version.

Im using galaxy s9+ not sure how it works with other phones

The old measuring apps were terrible but google AR is pretty on point

Bjorn, what other measuring apps have you tried?

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
is it this one? im on ios

This is by far the best phone app ive ever used.
Uses Googles Augmented Reality to draw out sqft room measurements.

You mark each point and move your phone to draw the line, you can go around objects drawing out the room then it automatically calculates sqft.

So far very accurate

View attachment 88228

CE904B4C-5540-428E-8DF2-D0C2190E9296.png

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Can remeber the names but a bunch of app developers were trying to make ruler apps before google had its augmented reality and they were really innacurrate

I tried a couple

i tried a few for ios and they were garbage

tried them for construction work and it was more frustrating

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
ill let you know i just bought it.

ive tried others to grab quick numbers in construction but they were junk

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
this is like 50x faster than measuring wheel, laser or tape.. and no math