Camera Settings for Before and After Pictures...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I cleaned for a friend of mine today, and they let me screw around with my camera to figure out what the best setting for before and afters was. I'll see what you guys think:

Auto Camera Setting:
IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

Flash Fill Camera Setting:
IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

Half and Half pic in entry way, only taken on Auto setting:
IMG_1037.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Oh, and here's an unimpressive half and half shot:

Auto Setting:

IMG_1036.jpg

Flash Fill Setting:

IMG_1035.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have a Canon Powershot A590. It doesn't have "lenses". The only plural this camera has is settings. I don't know photography speak but the lens says 5.8-23.2mm 1:2.6-5.5

Name
Bruce
The pictures with the flash setting makes the carpet looked washed out. But I think if you were to use those pictures on a website it probably would not matter which one's you used.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Was there supposed to be a change in the before and after?

They look the same to me. :?:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
MicahR said:
Was there supposed to be a change in the before and after?

They look the same to me. :?:

That's the problem. Dirt doesn't photograph well... I'm trying to figure out how to set my camera so it shows the difference better. There was a big difference (Not huge, but noticeable difference) between the before and after if you were standing right there.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
This is another one I was trying different settings on. I think this is the flash fill setting:

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

and this is the auto setting:

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

Fon Johnson

The bottom line is that every situation will be different. If you don't really have any photography experience, the best idea is to set it to auto with the flash off if possible. The flash will usually wash things out. The canon should have a indoor setting, which should set flash, exposure time and aperture for the best picture. You don't usually need fill flash. That just adds flash without really changing settings, and is designed for use where there is plenty of light, but dark shadows, such as outside when your subjects back is to the sun. Try playing with the indoor setting, and if that camera allows, try using the manual setting without flash at 400 iso. That is about optimum for this type of shot.

Back
Top Bottom