Can a 360I be rigged for a pumptec?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Or would it be to much for the 500 psi pumptec to handle? Can they be down sized on the jets enough to create enough impact? Curious minds want to know......

Name
Lee Stockwell
If you have access to agricultural plumbing, jets etc, should be no problem.

If I were you in your portable situation I'd certainly have a tap pressure setup. Please don't knock it if you've not tried it.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I run mine most often at 350 psi but it works fine at average to strong tap pressure (70-100 psi) and I have run it at 600 psi. not sure if that answers your question, but I couldn't understand what you asked. The cleaning is mostly done with the beating metal swoop heads, the water jets are just for flushing. That is to say, the 360i cleans the same with very low to very high pressure, the sweet spot for me is in the 300 range for most carpets.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Since flow volume is most likely a big factor, it may help to know the stroke of the bearing used on the Pumptec.
I think the .160 stroke bearing gives the highest gpm flow, but they are not always standard issue depending on what manufacturer is outfitting them to their units.
In comparison, I think a .10 stroke bearing will drop the output by up to .5 gpm.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I have hooked to customers water for years, usually pretty straight forward. Water flow on the RVs can deplete some hot-water heaters fairly quickly. We will either/or run an inline heater or crank their water heater up. Empties with a gas heater are ideal.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I run the PumpTec 500 PSI pump on my ETM, using a 2" wand with four #2 jets.

It handles it with no problem.

As Frank mentioned, mine has the .160 bearing, and you will also need the 1/2 HP motor, and not the 1/3 HP one that comes with the .085 bearing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom