Can Encap Clean Really, Really Dirty Carpet?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Hells YES!
This is basically a metal box with some carpet glued down, tons of traffic no vacuuming. Filthy, i was shocked.
We use releaseit but i am sure others are just as good.

PS. i still have a blackberry so pic is not great, sorry.:dejection:

enapdirty2_zpse8b807b1.jpg

encapdirty1_zps6e4004e8.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Now you did it. You let the cat out of the bag. You need to shift the conversation to that Encap can't clean and only HWE rules.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I cleaned some adult video stores the other night that had not been clean in 12/15 years. HWE, apearance wise, would have not comes close. Cimexed all of them with DS Releasit

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The only thing this shows is how effective agitation can be.
Use this same agitation with an effective prespray, and follow with HWE for REAL clean, not just lOOking clean.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with just straight encapping if all parties involved are satisfied with the end result, but please be wary of using the word "clean" without being ready to discuss before/after soil load.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'll agree to that but how far do you take that Frank. Crazy ATP testing to prove on method is "cleaner than another? You know as soon as it's put into use it begins to get dirty all over again regardless of method or machine used.

I was HWE dyed in the wool cleaner until Rick Gelinas and others kept posting on ICS about encap and how much better CGD looked. Jeff Cutshall offered to let us go to his jobs site and see what he was doing (actually he wasn't doing much, his guy did all the hard work! :winky:) and it look great.

We bought a machine from Rick and we were off and running! Clients we pleased with the results, no wick backs, no yellowing and it stayed clean as long or longer than HWE. PLUS it was affordable, production rates were high enough that you can charge a competitive rate and still make good money. As Covey says, it's Win-Win! :icon_cool:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'll agree to that but how far do you take that Frank. Crazy ATP testing to prove on method is "cleaner than another? You know as soon as it's put into use it begins to get dirty all over again regardless of method or machine used.

I was HWE dyed in the wool cleaner until Rick Gelinas and others kept posting on ICS about encap and how much better CGD looked. Jeff Cutshall offered to let us go to his jobs site and see what he was doing (actually he wasn't doing much, his guy did all the hard work! :winky:) and it look great.

We bought a machine from Rick and we were off and running! Clients we pleased with the results, no wick backs, no yellowing and it stayed clean as long or longer than HWE. PLUS it was affordable, production rates were high enough that you can charge a competitive rate and still make good money. As Covey says, it's Win-Win! :icon_cool:

I understand...and mostly agree..... encapp has a lot going for it and am looking forward to adding a Cimex to my arsenal..........it's the usage of the word "clean" that sometimes irks me.

I'd like to see the word "clean" left for using in front of customers, but please, amongst fellow cleaners, let's call it what it is.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
All you encapers will have to go to the mandatory re-education camp to get back into perspective that there is only one way to "Clean" a carpet. Please guys quit bragging about how great results can be obtained by encapping and how happy your clients are. ( I Don't want my competition to find out!) Keep saying that there is only one way to really clean a carpet for your own good.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All you encapers will have to go to the mandatory re-education camp to get back into perspective that there is only one way to "Clean" a carpet. Please guys quit bragging about how great results can be obtained by encapping and how happy your clients are. ( I Don't want my competition to find out!) Keep saying that there is only one way to really clean a carpet for your own good.
LOL

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
What is your production rate Richard? Say an open area heavy soil 3k sf. I have never done better than 1500 sf per hr. One tech one cimex
Al

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Al I agree on heavily soiled you're not going to knock down great numbers and you may not be able to price that as cheaply as moderate and light. However you can consistently produce the 1500sq/ft. Where if you were slinging a wand your numbers would drop off as you Honestly if is its any dirty than what is pictured we would HWE the area and the encap the rest. Its not unusual for us to HWE the entry and maybe even funnel areas and encap the rest.

Mikey P

Administrator
The only thing this shows is how effective agitation can be.
Use this same agitation with an effective prespray, and follow with HWE for REAL clean, not just lOOking clean.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with just straight encapping if all parties involved are satisfied with the end result, but please be wary of using the word "clean" without being ready to discuss before/after soil load.

Frank, you sound like a guy who has never ran a Cimex.

A properly Cimex'd CGD carpet will MOST of the time dry up looking better than a rotary extracted Vortex cleaned carpet.

I've proven it to myself and countless customers many times.

just don't roll around neked on it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ya but where does the dirt go?
Asking where does the dirt go is a pointless argument from someone that hasn't encapped much. Do it a few times on soiled commercial and you will find out the secret is that It turns into money.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
The Cimex is a shocking machine and encap; is no good either.

Any carpet cleaners in Cairns, Far North Queensland, should heed my advice and don't get sucked in to buying this system.

These are some wicked results and places that you may have to clean......

IMG_0208.jpg

121.jpg

6Atherton100.jpg

SDC10462.jpg

CairnsCoatings3.jpg

My advice would be to buy the biggest, baddest truck mount you can afford, also a really big portable, that's all you really need to be suckcessfull.

:very_drunk:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You did a great job Photo Shopping those pictures. We all know that those results can only be obtained by HWE.

Reactions: Shorty

tngvegas

If the carpet is really dirty and you only get 1200 sq. feet per hour (approx.) then why not use the cimex to scrub the prespray in and then hwe....the wanding will go faster thnn not scrubing. And alot of the dirt will be extracted. Especially for the first time cleaning. You could explain the work involved, charge alittle more, and make the customer really happy.

All ohter cleaning could be cimexed and done faster because the carpet is really clean, not just looking clean.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Jason,

Any level of HWE cleaning on a filthy CGD carpet will invariably lead to wicking, no matter how good your wanding skills are.
It's not just that the Cimex/Encap system is faster and more profitable, it's also about producing consistently better results on CGD.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hey, Beans, what kina pads are you running there? They look thick.

They look like new gray maxi's.

AND, he still won't shell out for the Big Wheels, which would allow his teams to cover more ground quicker and put more doh rae me in his hip pocket nerve. :stir:

Err, cash in his wallet. :lol:

:very_drunk:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jeremy those pictures are a couple of years old, we carry a little bit of everything so that they adjust on the fly. I will agree with Shorty (not that he is right but just to make him look good :p) that they were gray maxi's form Rick.

2012-08-30_12-08-42_353.jpg

Reactions: Shorty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom