Can I ask a favour of you MFesters?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
WOW...too much to list. Don't give the flippant answers a second thought. Tons to learn at this MF. Some of the highlights for me:

Expensive vacuums don't perform any better than cheap ones.

The operator and style of wanding gives a huge difference in the cleaning results....and not how most would think!

larger diameter vac hose makes a big difference.

Alchohol does NOT help get rid of a cold.

I need to sit down with Rick Gelinas and get some more tips on moving out of our home office and professionalizing our operation.

In our scientific testing the Rug Doctor and Bissel Steam machine performed better and removed more soil than a popular commercial portable tested.

Color repair with crayons demonstrated by the master.

There is a significant difference in performance between a truckmount and a portable or walk behind....way more than most porty operators would care to acknowledge.

We need a viable protocol to compare extraction and non-extraction cleaning methods which does not bias one method over another, and will give REAL World results.

Comparing wanding styles and stress injuries was interesting, but showed little correlation between the way someone holds a wand and their risk of injury.

Harry works WAY too hard.

Mike has more patience and tolerance than most men.

Shawn Forsythe is "kinda protective" of his car....and he can sure spout the F-bomb if it's toyed with!

Mikeyboard stickers look great almost anywhere...

This industry is full of some of the most loving, caring, quirky, funny, independent, stubborn, opinionated, arrogant and DAMN NICE people you could ever hope to get together. I love this industry and all the people in it!

It was a great time, I wish you all could have been there. You would have loved it.

Take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

The Grange works well for the events.
The Hindquarter put out a nice meal.
The Talisman operation was well done.
Tips and techniques like Tony's were well recieved.
Next year we should duct tape Todd in his shorts to a banquet table at the Grange and flip him over about noon so the other side gets burnt even with the front.
More testing with TMs and include LMs.
Specific testing with presprays for next year

The SeaCliff Inn was just right for the location and comfort.

Greg Loe

It was great meeting a bunch of MFers for starters.

The Talisman is always a great visit. Just seeing how simple of an operation they have built. Procedures in place for testing new incoming rugs was very impressive. Picked up some good tips for that.

The first stone class I thought was great, but not in the normal "learn how to do something" kind of way. More about the pit falls of stone cleaning. I'm not a stone cleaner(restorer) so others might have gotten more info out of it.

Learned how to get hookers from out of the area so no one local would miss them if they didn't come home right away. Thanks Chris M.

Crayons are still fun!! I get mine at Denny's Thanks Tony very impressed.

Ricks talk was very good too. Made me take a look at my business as it is now and how I want it to be. Thanks Rick! now I have more to do.

Steve Marsh is as good as ever. I've had 3 iiccrc classes with him and have always learned a lot more than just cleaning. Listening to his talks are great.

AL Spaet, always got to love this guy. Makes things simple when it comes to stone. His new products seem to be working out good so far.

More to come later....

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I learned that the FREE SHIPPING RULES! But we all know that. :D I'd say that I learned that every method has it's place & a good TM will be in my future. I also learned the value of getting away from the daily grind especially when things have been going poorly. I can honestly say I needed the trip. It was nice having running water at the hotel. :roll: I learned that the people in this industry are probably the most genuinely helpful & caring out there.

I would say that the most obvious things I learned at MikeFest were that :
1)A nice professional appearance (in personnel, equipment & marketing materials) is a big way to overcome price objection & generally be "perceived" as the best.
2)Mike really puts a lot of effort into everything he does. He has a drive that most people don't. If he could bottle that kid of charisma & motivation he'd be insanely wealthy.
3)Don't project your price concerns on your customer. Just because I'm a cheap ass doesn't mean they are.
4)Don't get comfortable with your business. It's never done. People get so caught up in "maintaining the status quo" that they lose sight of their end game. Take some time & step away from your business. Take a good hard look at what it is. Then take a good hard look at what you want it to be. Fill in the blanks on how to make them the same.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i would have to agree with all that was said by jb,lisa, and jeremy. it was great to meet so many oddballs in one place. only problem i had was not enough local guys brought there trucks which where not vortex,s
i,d love a vortex but it,s just not in my future,
also if blueline is going to bring there show truck, others should be there to hydra,prochem,wm etc...
overall a goodtime and time well spent

John Watson

I truly enjoyed being with friends, some new some old (I mean for a long long time, not their age) I was there for Mikey, He could take his frustrations out on me and get on with the program and a great one it was...

A great group of presenters and a lot of fun people. What a crowd..

There was a lot of super information passed and learned
around this fest. Helen and I were glad to be part of it.

I don't believe I am doing this but, Thanks Mikey

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That the people who I have posted with for a couple years on this and the ics board are a really nice group of people. Also enjoyed seeing the butler come out on top in the sample cleaning :-)

Ken

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Beta testing by real cleaners rather than lab testing was a great help to our research and development of a new stain remover.

If this is well received, I expect it will become a regular part of our testing process in the future.

Scott Warrington

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Yeah, the 2 part worked way faster & seemed to be better over all. I just don't like to leave puddles of chems laying around for peoples kids & pets to find. I'd prefer a product I could rinse before I left.

G

I agree with what everyone else said. There is so much to learn...from so many people.

What I always come away with are little things that maybe I already knew or heard, but by talking to someone else it re-inforces it as something I should be doing.

For me I love watching other people's equipment work and looking at their trucks. I get more ideas for my own vans from this than anywhere else. Just little things as to how to be more efficient, what chems work and don't, etc..

I really enjoyed the crayon stuff, that can be huge for us!

The main thing I like is just visiting though with everyone and watching them drink (I don't partake). It's great to relax and visit with friends!

Tom Mock

I will agree with much of the previous posts.

I had a great time just hanging in NorCal. It was great to see the big machines up close and personal.

The skating rink clean off was really informative. Maybe there will be a Host in my future, or maybe a Rug Doctor (can't we all just get along?).

My next trip, I plan on getting more hands on.

The opportunities in classroom were well worth the entry fee!

Greenie

We probably should have run the Butler stock, instead of all pimped. The V was stock.
Most impressive for it's flow rates and heat, was probably the Chem-Dry rig.

If Multi- truckers had their Butlers decked out like that, I'll bet customer satisfaction would spike as well as technician's would be more efficient.

Al

I had certain things I wanted to check out, like playing Crayolas with Tony, WD for the Owner Op, Cimex tricks by Rick and meeting Diesel!

Then meeting everyone and checking out rigs and equipment was a blast.

I like the new stuff from The Maker Company, I bought the spotter wand attachment and my guy's love it! That's what i was hoping for, If it's hanging right in front of their faces they will use it.

Also the strap with all the uses is awesome too! We added a loop for corner guards to it. So it hangs in the van with 50'vac 50' pressure and the corner guards.

Now the tech carries that in to the farthest point in the house, lays out clean hoses has the corner guards in place, the strap then becomes an awesome stair holder with no metal hooks, when they get to the stairs the strap becomes a belt that holds the hoses comfortably as you work your way down the stairs.

It was a good show Mike!

AL

Greenie

I really like the SuperStrap too, no metal parts, it will quickly out date the "hook". and that little mini strap that goes on the wand to hold up to three spotter bottles is very cool. I hear there is something new coming for the RX and uph. tools as well.

Al, good add, the corner guards is an excellent addition, now if someone would just make a guard that stayed put better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom