CAN I get a website review from anybody except robinson

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
XTREME1 said:
If you don't want honesty don't ask. No one said anything about content, they said and most said it was crap. Reorganize and be a professionally instead of a little ....

tumblr_lowxdc3y5O1qjkyjdo1_400.gif

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
XTREME1 said:
If you don't want honesty don't ask. No one said anything about content, they said and most said it was crap. Reorganize and be a professionally instead of a little cunt
How are you gonna tell sombody to act professional and then call them a curse word? Your about as un professional as they come. I may let the board get me a little excited but calling people names like that on the internet while representing your company for the whole world to see tells me Im not dealing with a brilliant business mind to say the least. Maybe instead someone who is lacking an XTREME amount of intelligence shiteatinggrin

FredC

Village Idiot
there is NOTHING WRONG with that site...at least from the pov of people that will be visiting the site looking for carpet cleaning. The colors are nice, the number is somewhat easy to see although I would put a drop shadow or stroke, and it looks simple/clean/professional.

from a technical standpoint the calls to wix take too long, music is subjective, etc...etc...etc

but guess what...

98% of the customers that visit the site don't give a fvck.... they are there to see if they can find prices, the phone number, and decide with a brief glance if you are "professional"

2% will be under the delusion that they are doing thorough research by reading the crap on your site and watching crappy vids.........

Cheers

ps...I would drop the weather channel...i'd replicate the contact/free estimate form there

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the site SUCKS here is why. for one thing it takes too damn long to load, second its doesn't say to me that I have found a carpet cleaning site right off the bat. I have to work to figure out what the site even is. keep in mind we are are cleaning people, if I am having trouble immediatly seeing this is a carpet cleaning site, you have an even bigger problem with the general public. loose the weather channel thingy, it just clutters up your site and adds to your problems. you want people looking at your site not some stupid side display. use some bolder colors, move the IICRC logo to the bottom, put some pictures of cleaning carpets, service vehicles, something that says this is a CLEANING website, without having to read it. I only care to convey one message, and I want my first page on the website to screen it. you should be able to know what the site is and does by standing at the back of a room barely able to make out the pictures and surely not the text. use a different side background than light GRAY. umm just fire the web designer they sucked. honestly I hate the site is accomplishes nothing I want to convey loudly and quickly to trigger a phone call. sorry to be blunt but you asked for it and I said it like it is.

FredC

Village Idiot
Steve,

I don't want you to take this the wrong way...and not pay me.....but...Your site sucks way more.....

tired old flexx theme, nothing stands out, etc, etc, etc...your site doesn't "scream" anything

but mostly for the same reasons you are bashing his.............and he didn't pay a bunch of money to an obsolete "industry star" to achieve such mediocrity

S

sam miller

steve g said:
the site SUCKS here is why. for one thing it takes too damn long to load, second its doesn't say to me that I have found a carpet cleaning site right off the bat. I have to work to figure out what the site even is. keep in mind we are are cleaning people, if I am having trouble immediatly seeing this is a carpet cleaning site, you have an even bigger problem with the general public. loose the weather channel thingy, it just clutters up your site and adds to your problems. you want people looking at your site not some stupid side display. use some bolder colors, move the IICRC logo to the bottom, put some pictures of cleaning carpets, service vehicles, something that says this is a CLEANING website, without having to read it. I only care to convey one message, and I want my first page on the website to screen it. you should be able to know what the site is and does by standing at the back of a room barely able to make out the pictures and surely not the text. use a different side background than light GRAY. umm just fire the web designer they sucked. honestly I hate the site is accomplishes nothing I want to convey loudly and quickly to trigger a phone call. sorry to be blunt but you asked for it and I said it like it is.

I would think if someone found his site they did a search for carpet cleaners in his area he's ranked pretty high in organics! So not knowing they're at a carpet cleaning site when thier searching for that its kind of obvious!

I would get a google and yelp button and ask for customers to review You having a link to those areas! post testimonials, dump the sneaker video, getting more positive customer review is important, I offer 10 percent discounts for a review when someone see You have positive reviews they'll call I've had a few customers tell me they read my blog I'm like Oh god No dont read that!

S

sam miller

FredC said:
Steve,

I don't want you to take this the wrong way...and not pay me.....but...Your site sucks way more.....

tired old flexx theme, nothing stands out, etc, etc, etc...your site doesn't "scream" anything

but mostly for the same reasons you are bashing his.............and he didn't pay a bunch of money to an obsolete "industry star" to achieve such mediocrity

Dang Fred Your brutal! :shock: :lol: I think I just peed myself.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I like the site. It's easy to look at and bright. Fred's idea is good in substituting the weather for a contact form of some kind.

Unfortunately it's done with frames and if I'm not mistaken it doesn't lend itself well to seo. It's an antiquated way of web designing. IMO the loading times is just not acceptable and an easy way to loose prospective customers. People are not patient and after all, it's just carpet cleaning to them. I would have someone take a look at it. A web designer would convert your site to conventional links in short time provided you are not changing the look.

Albert

steve g

Name
steve garrett
well fred, I told it like it is, that aught to mean I can handle it back. anyways in regards to my own site, I am sure there are better sites out there. but I spend ALOT of my day looking at websites from my various interests and hobbies. I have alot more hobbies than most people could possible imagine, hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, archery, trucks, just to name a few. I also buy most things online these days. I know what I like in a website, and I like my own site one hell of a lot more than juniors.

fred, perhaps you should show us what you think is the best designed and best layed out website you can find, let us on the mikee board see it and digest it. it will likely be from a different industry, but perhaps the same principles will apply.

FredC

Village Idiot
I won't go looking for websites to show you....I've already stated what the majority of customers are looking for..although I do have a collection.

i think you said it best:

"I know what I like in a website, and I like my own site one hell of a lot more than juniors. "

while giving us some insight into YOUR preferences:

"hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, archery, trucks, just to name a few"

Your site appealing to the largest portion of your potential customers should not necessarily be based on YOUR preferences...................

There are tried and true "principles" employed to appeal to masses...............I can't say your site does that as well as Juniors imho.............

as far as layout though..simplicity, color scheme, and ease of finding the information the customer was ACTUALLY looking for when they searched..........top the list.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I agree with Fred :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: did i just say that :oops: :oops:

But steve, why does your site say Water Damage clean up over here :?: :?: :?:

Do people want or even know what a moisture meter is??? or that burnt plug??? electrician maybe??

the last picture of shit on the floor makes more sense....

so why put a nice shiney art gallery with blowers just ready to knock shit off the wall...tells me their HVAC sux and they need fans

Did you do a job there?? what would be cool is to have a place like that, look like shit, and have a half & half pic shitty....fixed

while i agree there are some things i dont like about JR site...its not bad....

but then again I want a site that gets straight to the point....some before and after pics, and a video or 2....and if i am in my shorts WTFC!!!!!!!

Cuz thats how i roll...I dont try to look the part of a wall street exec, that cleans carpets...hell i have stolen 10 or more from guys who did yet sucked at the profession....

do i probably need to get some more polo type shirts...sure, maybe a little nicer shorts (yes in the winter to baby) but when i work i build up a sweat and i want some Fn comfortable clothes to sweat my ass in...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhhh on a side note, isnt your little fire flood thingy getting pretty close to a national chain????

or at least a big Utah 1????

and i cant think of who it is....but i have seen tv commercials...

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
steve g said:
the site SUCKS here is why. for one thing it takes too damn long to load, second its doesn't say to me that I have found a carpet cleaning site right off the bat..
Steve it says right on the home page PROFESSIONAL CARPET CLEANING! JUST WANTED TO POINT THAT OUT

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
juniorc82 said:
Brian R said:
HARPER said:
Hey Brian,

Will you review Junior's website...& tell me what to post... :?:

Thanks
Harper

Yeah, can you tell him it's complete crap and he needs to start over like Crowley said please?

At first glance it makes me think total chaos...Don't use flash, organize it.......It looks like everything on the page was an after thought.

Also, tell him that he should look at some very professional sites geared toward women and "borrow" some ideas from them...Even if it's just the layout.

Did I just post that in public?? :shock: shiteatinggrin

Oh, and tell him not to be such a sissy nanny and take the criticism like a man for God's sake. :lol:
Well since you had to chime in robinson , I think your slideshow video is dogsh*t on your website. I at least have real videos of real cleaning, getting real results. I like how your slideshow whores out pictures of little babys making messes even though your diper spinning encap process cant properly clean up those messes. Its kinda of funny how the vlm guys gotta validate their technique to the customer.

Hey, I didn't ask your opinion. :lol:

On a serious note, I do think it will turn a customer away more times than not because of the layout and loading. Look at the site Fred did for Crowley. Very basic, not clutter, no fancy crap etc. Just a carpet cleaning page that looks nice with the info most visitors are looking for.

I really can't believe that Fred said "There is NOTHING WRONG" with that site".....while there maybe "NOTHING WRONG".....It's still a little "all over the place".

Just tryin to help bro. I just come off as an ass sometimes. I really do care that you don't end up with a site that does more harm than good.

FredC

Village Idiot
Seriously...what is so "all over the place"?

Nice logo, contact info is easy to find, simple layout, easy to navigate, color scheme isn't hideous

proclean.jpg

the real problem is that it is wixx.......and that weather channel gadget

I'd replace the WC gadget with a free estimate form and maybe put a headline above the videos.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
thanks for posting robinsons absentee ballot, shouldnt you be working on a water loss up there in new england instead of sitting on the board?
I was in website denial for years and was a little cunty whiny bitch like you when people would point out the flaws but I never asked anyone to critique like you did. I did eventually get help and went to rehab and now participate in website anonymous.

It was a 28 day in lab program where they pointed out people really don't give a shit about your pet, the weather, the deck off your double wide, your machine or what cult you are currently involved in. They want clean and simple. I didn't say your content was bad I said the site was crap. Reorganize and highlight the important stuff. The carpet cleaning headline is barely readable in those colors.

Do us all a favor, when you post a request for a review of anything in the future you should really say
Can I get a website review that is complimentary and not constructive in anyway because my self esteem is too fragile for criticism and I really want you to compliment it because I think it is really good and just wanted to show you it

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My theory is that if you have a Places listing with a good USP, a review snippet and far more reviews than the rest in your area.
Then your prospects won't find as much need to even go to your website and it will go a long way to eliminate price shopping.

At least that is what I have found.

I get jobs every day that never go to my website.

Websites and Listings need to SELL and eliminate the competition, not just be pretty.

As far as your site. I think the slow loading is a serous problem and could lose prospects and the music should be toned down or eliminated.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Dave there is no comparison you get calls all day long from your website, referal program, your system, repeats customers, mailings to every customer each mouth. It is a wonder that you are down to one truck and a part time helper with the millions you book

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FredC said:
Seriously...what is so "all over the place"?

God, where do I start?...There is no separation of areas...only the areas themselves.

The heading flows right into the body and the heading is way to big....as is the huge frickin logo (the logo isn't too bad)

Yes the weather has to go

The slide show moves too quickly and has no real background or boarders

"Flooded?" should be clickable

The navigation bar isn't even a bar and you can hardly tell they are buttons

Take off that IICRC tag...Nobody cares and it's right where your phone number should be...almost

The FB button is hokey

Colors are decent but again....everything in them is in fact "all over the place" with no real structure.

All of the bullet points should be clickable

The phone number should be written out...not on a button...Where is the "Call Now" or something similar?

All of everything is too big....Like you're just trying to take up the space.
You should allow some space...Space is good sometimes.

Fred or Crowley....show him Crowley's site. I like it because it's simple...not real happy about yellow but it actually works on that site.

These are all things that a customer will have no idea they want....but without them it will make them turn away.

FredC

Village Idiot
Brian R said:
...but without them it will make them turn away.

Just out of curiosity how many websites of varying styles do you have access too and how much testing have you done on those sites?

I may have it wrong but I get the feeling you have combined your personal preferences of things like size and symmetry with a few articles and ebooks you've read and now you think you're a f'n expert. There is no basis for your opinions ...............other than you believe them. Sure there are things you have said that are right....but a broken clock...........

That probably sounds a bit harsh.......just my opinion. ;)

speaking of personal preference...I'd call him before I called you based on your 916 site...talk about "all over the place"

As for crowleys site...its not my favorite...I designed it and put it up in a couple hours to benefit me since his old site was hard to rank. Yes it uses some of the design principles I know work but I wouldn't necessarily use it as an example of what a site should be. That said it ranks really well and gets him work which is what its all about. http://25dollarsaroom.com/

Yes there are things I would change on juniors site. I wouldn't use wixx because of the long load times and ads, I'd make headlines and contact info bolder, and replace the WC gadget. Probably a few other thing.

It is not the disaster some here have made it out to be.................in fact it is much better than 90% of the sites I've seen on this forum.

as for my preferences....bryan's spotsolve site in tampa is one of my favs

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok Fred, now you're just full of crap.

I've seen a few sites On here that "look" better than juniors. I need to leave right now or I would list them.

My site is based off of a female study group that I did...Some I know, others I didn't. But the ones I do know shot me straight on what they liked and didn't like.

But other than that, the classes I've taken like the Jeff Cross class have shown studies that say the same thing I do and even show illustrations to back it up.

Tell you what....you stick to the brain work and I'll stick to the pretty.

My 916 site is very limited but it's easy (yahoo). I don't spend a ton of time on it anymore but the layout has the right componets to get the female home owner to call.

NO other advertisement (sort of) and that area does 77% new customer rate....The repeat rate is lower for a number of reasons I won't get into. lol

I can tell you the total numbers are better than when I was running it....it continues to grow.

I'm surely not saying my site is the best, prettiest, best SEO....Not even close...But it works so Nyahh!

FredC

Village Idiot
Brian R said:
Ok Fred, now you're just full of crap.

I've seen a few sites On here that "look" better than juniors. I need to leave right now or I would list them.

My site is based off of a female study group that I did...Some I know, others I didn't. But the ones I do know shot me straight on what they liked and didn't like.

But other than that, the classes I've taken like the Jeff Cross class have shown studies that say the same thing I do and even show illustrations to back it up.

Tell you what....you stick to the brain work and I'll stick to the pretty.

My 916 site is very limited but it's easy (yahoo). I don't spend a ton of time on it anymore but the layout has the right componets to get the female home owner to call.

NO other advertisement (sort of) and that area does 77% new customer rate....The repeat rate is lower for a number of reasons I won't get into. lol

I can tell you the total numbers are better than when I was running it....it continues to grow.

I'm surely not saying my site is the best, prettiest, best SEO....Not even close...But it works so Nyahh!

So the answer is ONE right? One site that you asked a few women about. That is hardly a basis for your critique of other sites. Maybe you should send their sites to your focus group instead..........then you will have one more BS service

Maybe instead of you parroting a bunch of shit from "studies" you should do your own testing and I don't mean on just one site.

You've seen a few that are better than Juniors? How does that contradict what I said?

I can illustrate this post to back it up if you want :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
One site with different variations. A few women is better than a few carpet cleaners. How many women should I ask Mr. Fred?

I tend to listen to all studies and draw my own conclusions and I pay attention to how my site/s have worked AND a good amount is just common sense.

Fred Sed said:
in fact it is much better than 90% of the sites I've seen on this forum

I suppose that depends on how many sites you've seen..But junior's site rates right down there at the bottom of them as far as appearance goes....Really, no offense Junior.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
XTREME1 said:
thanks for posting robinsons absentee ballot, shouldnt you be working on a water loss up there in new england instead of sitting on the board?
I was in website denial for years and was a little cunty whiny bitch like you when people would point out the flaws but I never asked anyone to critique like you did. I did eventually get help and went to rehab and now participate in website anonymous.

It was a 28 day in lab program where they pointed out people really don't give a shit about your pet, the weather, the deck off your double wide, your machine or what cult you are currently involved in. They want clean and simple. I didn't say your content was bad I said the site was crap. Reorganize and highlight the important stuff. The carpet cleaning headline is barely readable in those colors.

Do us all a favor, when you post a request for a review of anything in the future you should really say
Can I get a website review that is complimentary and not constructive in anyway because my self esteem is too fragile for criticism and I really want you to compliment it because I think it is really good and just wanted to show you it
Crowley I can accept constructive criticism, but I cant accept some dirtbag owner op telling me to be more proffesional then calling me a c*nt. You have alot to learn about being a professional. At least robinson can tell me he doesnt like my site without calling names and using vulgar language. I always assume when people curse and call names , it just means they are not smart enough to intelligently express themselves

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Junior,

You if you haven't figured it out yet.

When you posts that Crowley shook you up.

It lets him know that he achieved his objective.

Don't fed into it.

He's best just to ignore like the rest of us do.

Flipping crap is a sport for some here.

FredC

Village Idiot
Brian R said:
One site with different variations. A few women is better than a few carpet cleaners. How many women should I ask Mr. Fred?

I tend to listen to all studies and draw my own conclusions and I pay attention to how my site/s have worked AND a good amount is just common sense.

[quote="Fred Sed":qyk5v9zf]in fact it is much better than 90% of the sites I've seen on this forum

I suppose that depends on how many sites you've seen..But junior's site rates right down there at the bottom of them as far as appearance goes....Really, no offense Junior.[/quote:qyk5v9zf]

So, once again, just for the record..........

YOU have designed ONE carpet cleaning website.

but because you read some "studies", asked female opinions on YOUR site, and attended a class now you are an expert on both web design AND marketing to women? People should listen to you because?

What alternatives were presented to the women in your focus group? How many other Priority sites did you design and present to them? How many competitors sites did you have them review? I'm guessing none.....

So in reality all you got was what a few women thought would improve YOUR site. You have no data other than how your site performed previously. That doesn't mean anything other than it is a slightly better turd now.

Have a nice day...I have work to do.

ps....maybe you could have some mini franchise members step in and tell us about all the work their copy of your awesome site generates?

pss you don't think I have read the same shit you have as far as "studies"? Come on now........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There you go thinking with your brain again Fred.

This is not that difficult....It's carpet cleaning for crying out loud. As long as the site is organized, has nice colors and doesn't have a photo of a TM....It's fine for what it is. !gotcha!

You and your genius get in the way. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom