Can I get meAt's free Vortex?

Mikey P

Administrator
Some lady in a Suburban scraped up my stellar wrap today and if meAt is too dumb to take a free V, let me have it.

Do I get the no lo$$ guarantee too Shawn?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I almost called Shawn but my wife wouldn't give me my balls back. See since she bought me a minivan I have been nuetered

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Mikey P said:
Some lady in a Suburban scraped up my stellar wrap today and if meAt is too dumb to take a free V, let me have it.

Do I get the no lo$$ guarantee too Shawn?

Ummmm, problem is it wasn't free. He said he would take over payments if it didn't make Larry more money. Larry said he stuff is paid for already so the way I see it is Larry would be taking on an extra $1400 plus per month and for what? With the V he could do more jobs? Wouldn't a big chunk of the extra money he made doing MORE work just be going towards the V payment? :?

With that being said. I'm not too proud to take a V if someone wants to donate one. :wink:

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
That would be extremely hard deal to pass on. My only concern is, where to park it, especially during the winter. Yeah I know its an excuse, but a good one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"so the way I see it is Larry would be taking on an extra $1400 plus per month and for what?"

more than $1400 a month when you add;
Increased fuel costs.
Ins,
taxes,
license
higher cost for repairs on the truck compared to a "normal" cargo van

all for a TM that we wouldn't utilize the capacity 80% of the time

I have nothing against a V/AT.
I'd love to have one.
I'd love to have a Dodge Viper too
I ain't going into hock for one and HAVE to increase biz by $2000 a month just to break even

...L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
And all this time I thought there was just the monthly V payment. Thanks Larry for clearing that up for all the V boys.

Mikey P

Administrator
My V gets better gas millage then my 3500 GMC did and has needed far less repairs.

It pulls in 25% more a day then the B did too.

So what's the real bargain?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhhh shit i guess i need to read some where????

Ill take just about anything FREEE.....(notice JUST about)

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
It pulls in 25% more a day then the B did too.

The problem is it costs double, so why not buy two Butlers and pull in 100% more per day?

The only exception being if you plan to be an O/O for ever, in that case a V makes perfect sense.

RichardnTn

I'd like to have a bigger machine but with the machine that I have, my payment is $146.00 a month....Cat 3CP Pump, 45 Blower, 250,000 btu burner....works for me up to 300' or so.... When you in your 60's with limited years to work....big payments are out of the question...if I were in my 30's or 40's that might work... Best to all regardless of what you choose to run....Vortex to a Rug Doctor... Richard R

hogjowl

Idiot™
I understand the pro's and con's of owning a V. Heck, I've just about analyzed it to death over the last few years. Shawn offered me just such a deal a couple of years ago, and I turned it down for much the same reasons expressed in this thread.

There is just one thing I would like to ask though, from a V owner. Just how hard is it to get a 175 lb rotary up and into the back of that thing. And, how about having to climb up into that thing to get a fan, or some other piece of equipment?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
admiralclean said:
I. Just how hard is it to get a 175 lb rotary up and into the back of that thing.

It would be hard to get a 175 lb. rotary up and into anything. You should at least empty the solution tank.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
And to think, someone maybe Mikey thought it was a dumb idea to have a lift gate.

Stupid is as Stupid does.

F

FB7777

I am happy for all the Vortex owners that are thrilled with their purchase.

But with Greenies assistance you can get Vortex performance out of lots of TMs and not spend over 90K.

A box truck, wrap and TM should not cost 90K IMO.

Mikey P

Administrator
The 175 is child's play compared to a Cimex.

Come on Fred show me what truck other then a VAT that can dual wand with 400 feet of hose out and still out perform a stock Geni59.

Sure Greenie's trucks will do wonders to a standard TM but it wont turn any of them into a real Vortex.

F

FB7777

How often are you working that dual 400 feet scenerio Mike?

On the big jobs I just bring 2 trucks

When I was working the VAT at JonDOn New Hampshire there was a considerable drop in vacuum when we dual wanded with only 50 feet on each line.

Granted, I've learned to expect more since Greenie helped me out with my trucks.

The vacuum is strong no doubt with one but I wasn't as impressed as I expected, and with 2 hoses I was disappointed by the drop.

Shane

I've been 150' out dual wanding with no drop in vacuum at all. I did have a heat loss of 15 degrees from 245 to 230.

Something was wrong with the VAT at Jon-Don. :)

Back
Top Bottom