Can I get more heat out of the Boxxer 421?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
It seems like it dumps water into the waste tank before it should. Is there a tweak I can do in order to change the temp at which it dumps?

I've never been above 190 at the wand. I would think the Boxxer could go quite a bit higher without problems.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Dirk Wingrove said:
It seems like it dumps water into the waste tank before it should. Is there a tweak I can do in order to change the temp at which it dumps?

I've never been above 190 at the wand. I would think the Boxxer could go quite a bit higher without problems.

I would think you would want the machine to leave hotter water in the HX. You want it to bypass water if the water box is too large. What I would recommend is either A. Get a larger water box ...or B. Dump the water back into your freshy.

Get a thermosensor that kicks to divert at 270. I would not even know where to find one, but if someone knows where, I would be interested in one set for 270 or 280.

Greenie

wait a min! Don't Boxers normally get like 220º?
190 seems a bit low. If i knew more about Hydramasters I would suspect a solenoid or diverter is not operating properly, might be a $100 fix?

Name
Jesse
190 atw sounds right to me if your making 220atm with 100ft ineptune. I've seen 1 degree loss per 3ft @ 500 psi with normal cleaning cycles.

Buy a Greenhorn wand. You will get more heat at the wand with the increase water flow. My boxxer runs at cycles around 225-235. There is a Thermo switch board in the control panel that you can adjust.

Mike Draper

never heard of a Thermo-switch..... can some please explain more? Do all TM's have one of these?

Greenie

Big difference between a 421 boxxer and a 427 boxxer, are we speaking the same language here?

I also wanted to focus on Dirk's comment, he said he's getting 190 AT the wand, that is actually not too bad as Out of Character pointed out, he's probably fine, it is just a 21hp engine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom