Can I put a glide on this wand?

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Hey yall!

I'm new to the forum. My wife and I just launched a carpet and upholstery cleaning business this past month. We love the work, the tools of the trade, the prospects, and this community seems pretty awesome. I've just been lurking here for a while learning as much as I can. Anyways I'm Bryce, it's great to be here :)

I have this PMF wand I'm wondering if I can get a glide for it. I'm not sure what model it is, can't see any marks aside from PMF on the valve. 3 jets and 12 inches wide. What do you guys think? I keep hearing about Green Glides something or other, are they like the world's most excellent glide or something?

PMF wand pic 2.jpg PMF wand pic 1.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you show me a picture of the front of the wand from head to toe?

I don't know who thought it would be good to put three Jets across the 12-in head, you're probably going to get a lot of overspray...

Reactions: Bryce C

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
howdy Bryce
I realize you're fresh in the biz and I'm sure money is tight
but here's a thought you should consider.

by the looks of the supply line, looks to me that wand is only good for a low pressure portable.
Rather than spend $200 on a glide for it, spend $500* and buy a new wand from Mike that comes with a glide.

His wand will be infinitely better as well as being capable of hi-pressure portables and/or TM's when you upgrade down the road from now

*I'm "guessing" he can fit you in a new wand for about that much?
Mike??

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Im sure he could get a slightly better price on the WGCCW when he sees me at Mikey's Fest next week...

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Howdy Dolly LLama and Mikey. Dolly, I bought it as a backup for my Hydramaster Evolution wand since it was fairly inexpensive on Marketplace. That's a good point it has a low pressure hose on it. It sort of looks like a makeshift thing that was done afterwards by the previous owner. It has 1/4" 8002 jets on it, are those more high pressure oriented? Good call about not investing in a glide for it if it's a totally inappropriate setup.

Mikey, I was thinking about getting some of the Wander's 1/8" v jets for it, do you think trying a narrower angled jet like a 65 on the outer jets might help dial it? Also if I use the same intersection the jets are on I think I'd have to use a fitting to adapt the 1/4" to 1/8" for the Wander jets and it would bring them a little closer to the floor. Here are the pics
PMF wand pic 3.jpg
PMF wand pic 4.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator

MULTI-JET STANDARD WAND

• 2-4 jet models available
  • Interchangeable manifolds
  • Brass vee jets
  • All stainless steel including nuts and bolts
  • Stainless steel jets available at extra cost
  • Replaceable wand glides
  • Comfort grip assist handle
Item #’s
W15202 2 jet 120psi
W15203 3 jet 120psi
W15252 2 jet 300psi
W15253 3 jet 300psi

Reactions: Bryce C

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey yall!

I'm new to the forum. My wife and I just launched a carpet and upholstery cleaning business this past month. We love the work, the tools of the trade, the prospects, and this community seems pretty awesome. I've just been lurking here for a while learning as much as I can. Anyways I'm Bryce, it's great to be here :)

I have this PMF wand I'm wondering if I can get a glide for it. I'm not sure what model it is, can't see any marks aside from PMF on the valve. 3 jets and 12 inches wide. What do you guys think? I keep hearing about Green Glides something or other, are they like the world's most excellent glide or something?

View attachment 126501 View attachment 126502
PMF tools are a joke. I strongly suggest getting that very affordable westpak530 from mike. I've used several of the pmf and westpak wands and there is such a noticeable difference when you're on a tight budget and can't afford the Cadillac swivel wands or even the overpriced sapphire wands. Don't spend any more time messing with that outdated anchor.

• Wow
Reactions: Bryce C and Mikey P

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I got an inappropriate low pressure wand setup and it's generally a pos. That's humbling Yea it makes sense for around $500 to do it right with the Westpak 530. Seems like a great deal considering how effective it is. I'll grab one of those at the Fest. Thanks guys!

jeffexe

Name
jeff
Hey yall!

Hey yall!

View attachment 126501 View attachment 126502
let me know if you want to sell the Evolution wand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom