Can I put Temperature control on my heat exchangers???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Current TM has the two HX's with line coming off one that goes to Temp. gauge...it would be nice to conrol that temperature besides turning up and down RPM's.

Can it be done????? Temperature control gauge of some sort???

Would be nice for cleaning Upholstery to dial the heat down

Last edited:

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scott Rogers

you would want to add a adjustable thermostat, and a electric soliniod to bypass water once the desired max temp is reached. this will allow you to drop the max temp for doing uph, area rugs ect.

But depending on how the system is set up will determine if you can bypass the water to the waste tank (not ideal IMO unless you have a APO) or back to a fresh water tank.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
The only way you will be able to turn your heat down is one of 2 ways. 1) set up a bleeder valve that dumps water from the hx into the fresh water or dump tank when it hits a certain temp , or 2) set a thermosdat up that diverts the hot exhaust coming from the engine to the hx. This would not be practicle. I have a slide in that is bare bones kind of like yours and what I usualy do when we clean upholstery is run the throttle at about 2300 or 2400 rpms. This keeps it from getting too hot. So is there any sort of fail safe on your tm from over heating? if not you better make sure you keep water moving through there at all times or run a bleeder hose in a loop back to your fresh water tank if you ever do a flood extraction

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
There is a re-circulating hose that i can relief valve and goes back to fresh tank.
.Waldo..yes it is...we r going to start working with Jim Sears former owner and start building and modifying these puppies...youve seen one before im guessing???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
How old is that ACS ? The frame looks kinda like mine but nothing else does.

Bought it about 2 months ago...Only 40 hrs on it so far. Frame is new. Pump and blower were rebuilt...New battery and 20 HP Koehler..Exhaust system is new he said and that he was very proud of it..Heat Exchangers..One had some welding done on it. He said he made alot of changes and modifications and this was one of his best ones yet.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
The garage builders all seem to love 2" cast pipe elbows, and work as many into their builds as possible.

The American Cleaning Systems I am working with is formerly an established business in Grinnell Iowa, Newton Iowa.

My friend and colleague Jim Sears started the company, then sold to Dean who retired later on. Jim has re started out of his garage over past few years part time doing a handful.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
simply install a gate valve inline to the HX to control the amount of flow thru .....this is NOT rocket science

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
The American Cleaning Systems I am working with is formerly an established business in Grinnell Iowa, Newton Iowa.

My friend and colleague Jim Sears started the company, then sold to Dean who retired later on. Jim has re started out of his garage over past few years part time doing a handful.
Im on the market for a new tm with a #4 blower and Im just down the road in missouri . what does your friend charge for one of his machines?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Im on the market for a new tm with a #4 blower and Im just down the road in missouri . what does your friend charge for one of his machines?

my unit used was about $$6-7000..Pump and Blower Rebuilt..New Frame..New Exhaust and Battery...

we are pricing a new unit right now!...Should be quite a bit cheaper than some of the $14-$15,000 dollar reputable units...And extremely comparable...

Jim built 50-100 of these in the early 90's and had a great reputation...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom