Can I run 50-75 feet with a portable??

N

NJ104

I was reading a forum of a guy that was running 75 ft or solution and vac line with his mytee M-12 and now I am wondering if I can run fifty or eve 75 feet of hose n solution line does anyone of you know if it is possible.

I own a century 400 ninja 500 psi portable unit.

Name
John LaBarbera
NJ104 said:
I was reading a forum of a guy that was running 75 ft or solution and vac line with his mytee M-12 and now I am wondering if I can run fifty or eve 75 feet of hose n solution line does anyone of you know if it is possible.

I'm not certain which vac motors are in that unit but my guess would be, yes you can. I would change the vac inlet to 2" and use 2" vac hose for at least most of the way to your wand.

N

NJ104

John LaBarbera said:
NJ104 said:

I'm not certain which vac motors are in that unit but my guess would be, yes you can. I would change the vac inlet to 2" and use 2" vac hose for at least most of the way to your wand.

it is a 2 two-stage vac motor

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Yes you can run 75 feet with a portable.............just not your portable.

A booster would do you good.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
NJ104 said:
what does changing thvac inlet from 1 1/2" to 2" going to do

Normally, it will alow you to pull a greater volume of air, but with only one single 2 stage, it probably wouldn't make a difference. If you plan on keeping the Ninja, the easiest thing for you to do would be to get a nice inline booster like such:

http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=7303

Name
John LaBarbera
NJ104 said:
John LaBarbera said:
NJ104 said:

it is a 2 two-stage vac motor

At worst, just add a vac booster when you can and you're there

Name
Lee Stockwell
Increasing the port size will make a big difference in vacuum performance.

If you can't change the port size right now get a 2" long piece of 1.5" dia radiator hose and push it over the barb to allow you to use a section of regular 2" vacuum hose over it. This won't require any other modifications to your machine and it will give you a taste of better vacuum.

I'm sure Mytee has a more elegent solution.

Thanks,
Lee

PS I have an old Castex 900 with this modification, which allows me to run it either way.

Name
Damon
John,

I like Mytee products a lot. You also contribute a lot to the boards with banners, give away promotions, etc. Great stuff.

I'm hopeful we'll see some powerful, but compact units coming out.

Something the size of the Mytee Lite with the power and functionality of the M3 or M5 would be awesome.

Any chance of this happening?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Seems like Porties are getting more powerful every day. I've seen a few videos where guys are running over 100' of hose and leaving the machine in the van or trailer and hooking up a propane heater for some serious heat. I've got a Ninja like yours that I might try to pimp a little just for the fun of it to see what she'll do.

After spending 9 hours this weekend replacing the blower on my white magic commander, electric is looking more appealing.

Name
John LaBarbera
thecleaningdude said:
John,

I like Mytee products a lot. You also contribute a lot to the boards with banners, give away promotions, etc. Great stuff.

I'm hopeful we'll see some powerful, but compact units coming out.

Something the size of the Mytee Lite with the power and functionality of the M3 or M5 would be awesome.

Any chance of this happening?

Mytee will have some new stuff at Connections in Vegas this Sept.

Jerry

Supportive Member
I gotta say that my M-5 has alot of suck! I easily run 50 ft with it. Maybe after the graduation rush I will hook up another 50 ft to see what happens. It would be awesome to leave it in the truck, that thing is a beast to load and unload! Thanks John for a great portable!

kevinj61

Jerry said:
I gotta say that my M-5 has alot of suck! I easily run 50 ft with it. Maybe after the graduation rush I will hook up another 50 ft to see what happens. It would be awesome to leave it in the truck, that thing is a beast to load and unload! Thanks John for a great portable!
i also have the mytee M5 and 50ft vac hose is no problem at all i've run 75ft and still had great suction, think if i went more than that i'd use my vac booster this is with 1.5inch hose all the way, i do have 2inch hose but it is to hard to work with, anyone know where i can get lightweight and flexable 2inch hose

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom