Can I use my spinner for striping

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have 3000 sq ft of vct to strip and wax. I am wondering after applying stripper and 175ing, can I use my spinner to pick up the slop instead of mopping it up. I thought it would save time. Also this is the first time I have seen this kind of tile, it has a texture. Kind of like a thousand little mountains and valleys.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
A stripper seperates and suspends the wax into a slurry. While you "could" use your spinner tool, its not recommended at all. Even using your truckmount is not the greatest idea. As the slurry coats your equipment it will deposit the wax in your hoses, your waste tank, it will clog up the ports in your spinner and can be a pain to clean off your equipment. a good functioning shop vac will do a very good job of picking up the slurry and will be alot easier to clean up as well.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've used my spinner for stripping many times. It leaves the floor wetter than using a shop vac and a mop does, so it takes a bit longer before you can apply the wax, and like has been said above, it clogs up the vac ports and coats the hoses. Heck, I even had wax debris clog up the dang JETS once. It was a pain to clear out.

Just go get a shop vac.

Name
Lee Stockwell
If you HAVE to use the TM to pick up the slurry, make sure you run it at a low idle to minimize foaming.

...and chase it with clean water if possible.

Back
Top Bottom