CAN YOU FOG A MICROBAN TYPE PRODUCT?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just curious.

To deal with funky basement odors , or even funky weed smells or curry .

FredC

Village Idiot
Yes.

ulv fogger. wear ppe

funky basements anyway from microbial growth like after wd..............not sure it (microban) would do anything for weed/curry

FredC

Village Idiot
If memory serves me right. .........when I was doing water damage full time over a decade ago we were using Microban (appears to be mediclean now) Disenfectant Spray Plus....

There may be better products now...or even then

is this for a specific issue? If it isn't a microbial issue I don't think this is what I would go with

Last edited:

scotty747

You can fog just about any liquid. Any of the odorcide products work well. I use it when a tenant leaves rotting garbage in a home for weeks. There are specific ones for smoke odor. Use PPE if you want to move it from room to room, or plan to be out for the rest of the day.

Reactions: Hack Attack

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
When fogging any disinfectant, the potential health issues is from inhaling or ingesting droplets which can then kill necessary bacteria in your gut and create digestive problems.

Treating surfaces with a liquid solution is safer. If you do spray, larger droplets are safer. Fogging is generally for duct work or inaccessible places. If you spray or fog, do wear proper PPE. Jimmy L with digestive issues is not a topic we want to hear about.

John Otero

Name
Johnny O
You can fog MediClean DSP or MediClean Fragrance Free it is EPA registered for HVAC and Duct systems here is a quick video: . However if you want to remove tobacco/cannabis odors we recommend to hot fog with Thermo55 Tabac Attack and then you can add TabacAttack with your prespray to clean carpet and upholstery. You will also want to add TabacAttack with Wall Wash to clean the walls, cabinets and drawers. Remember the first step in removing odors is that you have to REMOVE the SOURCE, then you work on the odor. Here is a quick video to remove tobacco odors:

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
You can fog MediClean DSP or MediClean Fragrance Free it is EPA registered for HVAC and Duct systems here is a quick video
Just to add to that statement. There are currently no EPA registered products for use on Duct Board. These products are intended for only bare metal ductwork with no interior insulation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom