can you just spot clean it?

steve r

had a regular customer ask me that today.she usually has the couch and chair cleaned along with 5 rooms and hallway.
i charged her half what i normally do and was out 1/3 faster or more.

had another call in the morning asking if i could just get out some stains.seems to becoming a trend.i really dont mind, im not charging too much less and it beats moving furniture especially after an already long day.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
We charge the same for "spot" cleaning a room as we do for open area cleaning. That solves our spotting requests.

G

A more friendly approach is to remind them you have a minimum service charge per hour. Mine is $60 for the first hour plus what my maket fair price for labor is.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sure you can spot clean if that's what you want to do for your custy.

however, you should be aware and advise the custy that spot cleaning that pop spill in the family room may leave a noticeable "clean spot" in the middle of the room.
Depending how well the carpet is maintained and the last time it was cleaned, the clean spot may be more or less apparent.

where you "might" get into more trouble than it's worth, is when Mrs Phiff would like to spot clean a small spill/cat puke spot in 4 or 5 different rooms at all ends up and down stairs of a large home.
You might be tracking over 40 ft of white nylon in every direction she's not having cleaned to spot clean a dozen cat puke fur balls

..L.T.A.

steve r

larry

thats pretty much how i handle it.if i have to drag hose through the house ill just charge a little more.i have been doing this more this year than i remember and i am charging at least $50 if i can be in n out in 30 minutes.
on the bigger job it took just under an hour and i charged $125. i just have to make more stops this way but at least im working.

i dont like telling my customers i have a minumum or give them an hour for a certain charge.i look at what they want done and give them a price.so far ive been lucky with it.

jeff i usually will clean more than just the spots but it all depends on the room size and how i feel at the time :).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom