Can you, will you, have you sperated business from religion?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Re: Can you, will you, have you sperated business from relig

what people believe and why they don't feel stupid believing it

because you haven't experienced the same things some of us have

..L.T.A.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams

Atheist are like stanley steemer customers. They don't know something better is out there because they have never experienced it.

I have seen too many miracles and experienced them myself to not believe.

As far as including God in my work, there is no separating the two. I don't preach sermons while on the job, but I am a changed person Sunday through Saturday because of it and it is expressed in the way I deal with each person I meet on the job. I am no longer the depressed, miserable, angry person I used to be.

Can I get an Amen!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

If you can't explain something....how else can you explain it?

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Mikey P said:
IMO your relationships with family, friends, clients, business partners and strangers should all be dealt with the exact same moral and spiritual convictions.
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE HAVE A BINGO!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I respect devout people but it is an impossible dream. I sit there with my oldest son and I give him guidance and support of his love for his religion. It has given him alot and it won't hurt him only help him in life. I have alot of respect for the people who believem I wanted to but can't.

There a few things missing in the debate of religion, missing scripture, man changing scirpture and the explanation of people like Torquemada. Please you want to see miracles etc please explain to me why people like torqmada, Ivan the terrible and ghengis kahn(which is an incredible story) are alowed to exist

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I think you guys are missing the point.

Your thoughts in your head are intangible. When you're dead, do your thoughts stop...is that where heaven is?
If so, then heaven is all around us now.

We have only concepts of places and yet we are in the "Thought" world everyday.....even Crowley probably has a thought every now and then. :mrgreen:

What is praying? Thinking? Sometimes outloud....but it's still thought as spoken.

The meaning of life is to learn and to learn to appreciate what you have because one day you will surely lose it. If you have ill feelings or "thoughts" when you're dead...you may just have to "live" with those thoughts and could ultimately become your hell.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Jim Williams said:
Atheist are like stanley steemer customers. They don't know something better is out there because they have never experienced it.

As far as including God in my work, there is no separating the two. I don't preach sermons while on the job, but I am a changed person Sunday through Saturday because of it and it is expressed in the way I deal with each person I meet on the job. I am no longer the depressed, miserable, angry person I used to be.

Can I get an Amen!

Amen!

Name
I'm Rick James

Jim Williams said:

Can I get an Amen!

What kind of miracles? And were the law of physics suspended in your favor for your miracle?

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
do you deter her from the belief in a higher power or do accept that people will choose what they believe in. I editorialize about religion by giving straight facts and I can say my oldest 18 is a devout worshipper and tries to sway me the other direction. I am very proud of the path he has chosen and I am not so disrespectful in my wording of beliefs to him. He is just a rookie and telling him his beliefs are dunb doesn't help anything but when he needs religious guidance I temper it with my beliefs

My kids are allowed free thought, as I told my oldest daughter that mankind doesnt know and be weary of those who claim they do. "Truth is a pathless land". I have a great personal interest with what my kids get taught, no way am I ever going to allow them to be indocturnated into a lie, as you stated yourself. I am going to educate them about human nature and why mankind creates the thousands of gods over thousands of years.

Not to be an asshole but it seems really odd that you pawn your kids off to a religion to learn something you are suppose to teach them. Your oldest son is now a devout thumper and probably never know any different because he was indocturnated as a child. Never getting the chance to see the world with his own thoughts of reality and not what he was told to believe.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

how is that path bad

when did I say I didn't teach them, hnor, respect, caring, love. I can bet I do it better than most because I have time from being successful and responsible in my spawning hense the age difference in my children

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
how is that path bad

Well you said yourself its a "LIE". I wouldnt want my kids living a lie.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

well, you keep teaching them that we came from some bugs in a pond, don't know of a bigger lie.
IF yourkids are allowed free thought, then you need to quit biasing them.

You educate yours about human nature, so do I, you tell them why mankind creates gods, so do I, you tell yours about how we evolved, and I tell mine about how they think we evolved.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

because I think it is a lie doesn't mean he sees it the same way.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Alexander Supertramp said:
[quote="Jim Williams":sgq042q4]Atheist are like stanley steemer customers. They don't know something better is out there because they have never experienced it.

Can I get an Amen!

What kind of miracles? And were the law of physics suspended in your favor for your miracle?[/quote:sgq042q4]

Laws of physics are based on observations of what usually happens, not what must happen. They are statistical probabilities, not unchangeable facts.

Name
I'm Rick James

Ron Werner said:
well, you keep teaching them that we came from some bugs in a pond, don't know of a bigger lie.
IF yourkids are allowed free thought, then you need to quit biasing them.

You educate yours about human nature, so do I, you tell them why mankind creates gods, so do I, you tell yours about how we evolved, and I tell mine about how they think we evolved.

I dont really know how mankind or life came to be on this planet, I dont pretend to know. I dont have a problem telling my kids that mankind is still primative in many aspects and that we still dont have all the answers to life. I am planning on raising my kids to be wel cultured in the world we live in and not just believe something just because of their geographic location.

But that who matter is a RR topic. I was addressing greg about how he allows his children to be taught "lies" in his own words. We both agree its a lie, thats not the issue its allowing your kids to be indocturnated by it.

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
because I think it is a lie doesn't mean he sees it the same way.

So its ok to live a lie if he doesnt believe its a lie?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

prove to me that the energy force surrounding the universe isn't a god and I am on board but right now I believe it to be a lie but he doesn't, what makes my point more valid?

I also thin I am the greatest linebacker ever produced froim my high school but Dan Champney would arue that point. Who is right?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

[quote="Jim Williams":1qdlxwaj]Atheist are like stanley steemer customers. They don't know something better is out there because they have never experienced it.

Can I get an Amen!

What kind of miracles? And were the law of physics suspended in your favor for your miracle?[/quote:1qdlxwaj]

This is what I was thinking. What do you consider a miracle? Our whole life is a miracle though I can't say it is from divine design. I don't know why we're here and no one else does either, although they claim to.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Bundy said:
how is that path bad

Which is it? Free thought or not letting them live a Lie? You can't have it both ways.

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
prove to me that the energy force surrounding the universe isn't a god and I am on board but right now I believe it to be a lie but he doesn't, what makes my point more valid?

I also thin I am the greatest linebacker ever produced froim my high school but Dan Champney would arue that point. Who is right?

Do you want to debate opinion or facts? I dont know about your idea about god surrounds the universe, thats on you to prove it. He doesnt believe it to be a lie because he never had the chance to think anything else other then what he was told to think. Kinda a closed world view of reality in my opinion.

Name
I'm Rick James

Brian R said:
[quote="Alexander Supertramp":19zfy85v]
Bundy said:
how is that path bad

Which is it? Free thought or not letting them live a Lie? You can't have it both ways.[/quote:19zfy85v]

WHY not?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Brent Wrote

I see "Free thought" as long as it's YOUR "Free Thoughts"

:lol:

Now THAT sounds like religion to me. shiteatinggrin

Name
I'm Rick James

Brian R said:
Brent Wrote

I see "Free thought" as long as it's YOUR "Free Thoughts"

:lol:

Now THAT sounds like religion to me. shiteatinggrin

Its my job to culture them in the world, make them aware of the world. I teach them to look for the truth in something even though someone claims they "know". You can call it a religion, but you can also call Packer Nation a religion as well, if you want to through it around.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

Do you want to debate opinion or facts? I dont know about your idea about god surrounds the universe, thats on you to prove it. He doesnt believe it to be a lie because he never had the chance to think anything else other then what he was told to think. Kinda a closed world view of reality in my opinion

are you kidding me, his Father is an atheist. Your saying he isn't exposed to an a differing opinion?

I didn't say god surrounds the universe but there is an unexplained energy force surrounding the universe

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Jim Williams said:
Just so you understand, I have experienced it
I saw God. He was standing right in front of me. We had a very deep conversation. He explained to me the mysteries of the cosmos, and the meaning of life. It was the most amazing, powerful experience of my life.

Then the acid wore off and he went away.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

did you get sober after that Frank, did you wake up or did you stop taking LSD or did you try to explain the imbalance in chemicals you expereinced?

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
Do you want to debate opinion or facts? I dont know about your idea about god surrounds the universe, thats on you to prove it. He doesnt believe it to be a lie because he never had the chance to think anything else other then what he was told to think. Kinda a closed world view of reality in my opinion

are you kidding me, his Father is an atheist. Your saying he isn't exposed to an a differing opinion?

I didn't say god surrounds the universe but there is an unexplained energy force surrounding the universe

Does he know about the other religions? Does he know that christianity is plagerized from other faiths? Its human nature to call the unexplained "god"... There is an energy force within us, so are we god?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Bundy said:
please explain to me why people like torqmada, Ivan the terrible and ghengis kahn(which is an incredible story) are alowed to exist

Short answer is, evil exists because God gave man free will.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I am not sure if you know who they were doing work for

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom