Cancellations

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ron Werner said:
Its happened every now and then but not regularly enough for me to be concerned about.
More often I get a call the day before asking to REschedule to another time. It happens. Often I find that someone will call wanting something done immediately and I can tell them that I JUST had an opening shiteatinggrin
It all works out.
I'm with Ron.
In addition: Do you really want to get into a confrontational situation with your client?
Do you believe that disciplining the clients will make a great and long lasting relationship?

Given, if the client is a devout canceller or have no respect for you, either raise their price to make it worth your while, or get rid of them.

Most clients, however, are decent people that like all of us, run a too busy life.
Take it easy, breathe slowly, smile if you can and give them a break.
At the end it will all work just fine.

hogjowl

Idiot™
But ... the ICS factor teaches us that we are all frustrated rocket scientists and doctors whose time is priceless!

Shouldn't we fire these disrespectful ingrates out of self respect?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marty said:
But ... the ICS factor teaches us that we are all frustrated rocket scientists and doctors whose time is priceless!

Shouldn't we fire these disrespectful ingrates out of self respect?
Yep.
And you start first.

S

sam miller

Marty said:
A few thoughts after reading much of this BS ...

Nobody "always has extra work waiting in the wings" for situations such as this. If you did, you'd have it on the schedule.

Groupon work sucks ... why anybody would want to work for half off is beyond me. I'll take a cancellation once or twice a year instead.

If you work alone and are complaining about cancellations, then get a life.

If you run crews, then that's a whole nuther story.

If you cancel on me more than once, I boot you from my data base, but that's ONLY because I work alone and don't have someone else depending on me to make their payroll.

Ps I book jobs three to four days out some want it sooner so If I get a cancel I bump up someone else it happens.

I also do work for some property managers and they're flexible and movable so If someone cancelled last second tomorrow I would go to a vacant with a lock box for $250 instead.

Your right though You cant always fill in spaces and in those cases its much deserved rest!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom