Can't find the air leak in my DynaChem

Moser Bros.

I replaced my General Pump which went out after only a year. Spend all day after installing a new pump trying to find the air leak, installed clear hoses from the clean tank and to the pump. My machine must be haunted, we checked every fitting and air appears to be coming from one of the brass fittings, but I put soap on all of them, ran high pressure air through the lines and no bubbles. We ran a water hose through the overflow tank and pump held 600psi, but when ran from either the clean water tank or the overflow air would still get in the lines.

Anyone no another test, besides pouring gasoline all over the unit and shoot some mortars at it?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm not familiar with the DynaChem but I have had a problem at times with Dwyer Flow meter. A bad o-ring or crack in the plastic will suck air.

lance

I've heard good things about General pumps. What went wrong with yours? Is it rebuildable so that it doesn't always have to be replaced?

Hope you can find what's wrong.

Greenie

Moser Bros. said:
I replaced my General Pump which went out after only a year. Spend all day after installing a new pump trying to find the air leak, installed clear hoses from the clean tank and to the pump. My machine must be haunted, we checked every fitting and air appears to be coming from one of the brass fittings, but I put soap on all of them, ran high pressure air through the lines and no bubbles. We ran a water hose through the overflow tank and pump held 600psi, but when ran from either the clean water tank or the overflow air would still get in the lines.

Anyone no another test, besides pouring gasoline all over the unit and shoot some mortars at it?

It appears to me, it works fine on direct water feed, and not on a syphon draw from the tank....this means your draw line has an issue, the one you installed? Or am I missing something?

Moser Bros.

Yes the syphon draw from both the overflow tank and fresh water tank, I've switched between them and have the same problem, them lines don't have a hole in them, and there is water leaks.

Moser Bros.

air bubbles are flowing from through the hose I replaced with a clear hose, in between the pump and brass fittings, two hoses flow to the brass fittings, one from the fresh waste tank, the others from the overflow tank. I switch between the fresh water tank and the overflow tank. I'm assuming the problem is in the fittings since the problem occurs from either tank.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I once had a brass reducer bushing that was cracked from over tightening. It would suck air.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I haven't seen opne of those systems close up, so I'm speaking in terms of principles here, not that particular system...

But two things come to mind:

1.) If brass barbs were used to screw into a swivel, and screwed in too tightly, then the first threads of the barb fitting in the swivel can "peel off" and cause an air leak that looks like nothing is wrong from the outside. (It can be just a minor leak and cause consistent problems.)

2.) Depending upon what chemical you run through the system, you could have a brass part that corroded, got very thin in the process, and split somewhere as a result. That split could be a hairline fracture and still pull enough air to be problematic. (For instance, if you run a product through there that contains an oxidizer. Oxidizers "love" brass...)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Moser;

Bubbles in the line usually originate at the flowmeter.

I would eliminate the chemical feed system by installing a plug at the Tee where the check valve
attaches to the pump intake plumbing.

If the pump works OK, then the air leak is in the chemical feed system.

You can always give our mechanics a call if you need more assistance.

Larry Cobb

Moser Bros.

Thanks Larry, your mechanic was very helpful today, I took off the check valve, capped it off and found my air leak, I just replaced the hose in front of the check valve and I'm holding 600 psi now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom