Capture used on carpet for 4 years?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Got a call from homeowner that says they used that Capture stuff from home depot on their cut pile home carpets once a month for the last 4 years.

Sprinkled, mist water, scrubbed then vacuumed. Now after all these years they are tired of going through the process and now wants their carpet steam cleaned.

Not sure if i should take this job.

Whats the worst that can happen using hwe with all that capture most likely in the carpet?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Got a call from homeowner that says they used that Capture stuff from home depot on their cut pile home carpets once a month for the last 4 years.

Sprinkled, mist water, scrubbed then vacuumed. Now after all these years they are tired of going through the process and now wants their carpet steam cleaned.

Not sure if i should take this job.

Whats the worst that can happen using hwe with all that capture most likely in the carpet?

It often wicks to the top and leaves a white film over everything.

My guess is they'll expect you to come back and fix that for them.....for free.

I'd walk, or I'd tell them that each successive trip back will carry the original service charge.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Take a bullet for the team. Go do the job and get some pictures when they call back to show us how bad it is for us to learn.

If they're reasonable people...they'll understand your explanation of how it might look after it dries

Reactions: Clean Rug Doug

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Bring a pile lifters and vacuum thoroughly. Several times. No prespray, just a low foam emulsifying rinse like Procyon or One Earth by Chemspec. Any extra service calls will be charged your regular price.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It will likely have dark traffic lanes from dirt sticking to the sticky residue. You can clean the dirt off of the sticky residue, but not the built-up residue from the carpet fiber. The carpets will rapidly resoil, which may prompt a complaint, so you'll have to let them know they did this to themselves.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You'll get a thin white film on top when it dries. Pass on this job.

I had one like that and it was a nightmare. I now know better.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
IDK, we used HOST for over 8 years before we switched to HWE. So a lot of our HWE work was done on the same carpet we HOST cleaned for years. Now I am familiar with Capture but never used it, but I cant see that there would be much of a difference.

We never had a problem HWE after multiple HOST cleanings.

Name
Nate W.
IDK, we used HOST for over 8 years before we switched to HWE. So a lot of our HWE work was done on the same carpet we HOST cleaned for years. Now I am familiar with Capture but never used it, but I cant see that there would be much of a difference.

We never had a problem HWE after multiple HOST cleanings.

Capture is a powder product.. Different than Host..

I'd pass on it as well.. You're lucky they were upfront with you on what they used and for how long..

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I wanted to be a doctor but I had no patients.

giphy-downsized-large (1).gif

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
thanks for the heads up and input guys...but I passed on this one. Don’t need possible headache.

Good

The other conversation that you don't want to have goes like this:

You:"This could be a problem.... (fill in the rest for the problem they created that they want you to fix)

Them: "Don't worry, just do your best. I'm sure anything will look better than this"

(Later when what you warned them would happen happened)

Them: "I didn't think it would look like THIS! How are you going to fix this?"

You (In your mind) "I'm going to be coming back for free till God Knows When..."

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We have done jobs that customers have used Capture and/or sprinkle carpet deodorizers. We have had good success just going back and misting then
extracting the carpet.

I can remember one commercial job that we did that for years "maintained" their carpet monthly with Capture. We tried the above method with no success. Finally got it looking acceptable by first pile lifting then a light mist rinse.

Last edited:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Good

The other conversation that you don't want to have goes like this:

You:"This could be a problem.... (fill in the rest for the problem they created that they want you to fix)

Them: "Don't worry, just do your best. I'm sure anything will look better than this"

(Later when what you warned them would happen happened)

Them: "I didn't think it would look like THIS! How are you going to fix this?"

You (In your mind) "I'm going to be coming back for free till God Knows When..."
YOU! are absolutely correct! This guy texted me later in the day yesterday:

Them: Listen.capture used in family and master. How about cleaning all other areas plus basement.

First he told me 4 years of using Capture then he changes the story a bit….

Me ran like Hotel California….
“Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before”

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What about vacuuming and then encapping with DS2 or pad cap pro? What kind of mess would that make @Jim Pemberton?

Probably not as much as HWE, but any agitation and moisture will likely stir the stuff up.

Its all about not owning someone else's stupidity.

Had I only learned that in business, and in life, ages ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom