carbon monoxide detector

Name
Ron lippold
So we are in a house today and we pre spray a little runner in the hall and low and behold a detector in the hall starts going off. This thing detects carbon monoxide and gasses, what would be coming out of the 02 that would cause that.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It is probably the trace amounts of methane gas emanating from the biological source lacated in close proximity to the detector.

Or it could be some of the the lighter organic solvents in the delimonene vaporizing into the air.

Rex Tyus

Those over the counter detectors are junk. High humidity and/or drop in oxygen is what sets them off. I can't prove it but you can't convince me otherwise either.

-JB-

Name
JB
I think the "blast" of atomized solution as well as a good blast from the air movers will do it too.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Your truck wasn't on?. I had it happen to me recently but it was definitely the fumes from the exhaust. Their pretty sensitive. I think the best thing to do with them is find the little bastards and unplug them.

Albert

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Did a carpet repair for 30 mins, then presprayed and off it went. Was on/off/on/off for 20 mins, old lady barely knew it was there. Being 6'4" has some disadvantages......

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I set off a smoke detector because my blower was pointed at it. No spray, no exhaust, no nothing but air blowing at it. wtf?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think diesels stink so bad you would know if it was coming into the house. Maybe I missed the point...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom