Carfax/TruckmountFAX

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's time for the big box stores/manufacturers to team up and create a database of all service records of the machines for when these shady sumbiches go to dump their neglected POS to save the good guys from getting burned.

Aramsco, Legend, Jondon, Butler, Aerotech, Judson, etc. Make is similar to carfax to set up a monthly subscription to pay for the program to have it properly managed. And when a facebook marketplace item shows up with a fresh coat of paint and the hour meter was replugged 4,ooohrs later...maybe it'll save someone some frustration

I'm just saying, to start putting together everything from here out

Mikey P

Administrator
Do SteamWay, ChemTex, Blue Baron, El Diablo, Reliabuilt, Kevin Wang, Fox, TCS, Steam Action, Amtex, Judson, Stanley Steemer have to confirm to Matt's new world order too?

Reactions: Newman

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Do SteamWay, ChemTex, Blue Baron, El Diablo, Reliabuilt, Kevin Wang, Fox, TCS, Steam Action, Amtex, Judson, Stanley Steemer have to confirm to Matt's new world order too?
That would help increase the quality and reason to buy the machine that has access to accurate service history

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It's time for the big box stores/manufacturers to team up and create a database of all service records of the machines for when these shady sumbiches go to dump their neglected POS to save the good guys from getting burned.

Aramsco, Legend, Jondon, Butler, Aerotech, Judson, etc. Make is similar to carfax to set up a monthly subscription to pay for the program to have it properly managed. And when a facebook marketplace item shows up with a fresh coat of paint and the hour meter was replugged 4,ooohrs later...maybe it'll save someone some frustration

I'm just saying, to start putting together everything from here out
What happens with those who "service" their own equipment? It seems like those would be the biggest culprits!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What happens with those who "service" their own equipment? It seems like those would be the biggest culprits!
I agree, and that would always be a thorn. But the newer machines are getting more computers and the higher the prices rise on these machines, the more dealer service will be needed

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just think it would increase the value of a machine that has a recorded history over one that doesn’t.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I agree, and that would always be a thorn. But the newer machines are getting more computers and the higher the prices rise on these machines, the more dealer service will be needed
Most people with Butler's don't have them serviced by Butler. That's what we use in our fleet and we have never had them serviced by the dealer.

I don't disagree with your premises, but it will never happen.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Most people with Butler's don't have them serviced by Butler. That's what we use in our fleet and we have never had them serviced by the dealer.

I don't disagree with your premises, but it will never happen.
I've been thinking about this comment, and the good thing about Butlers and direct drives themselves is most people take these to certified GM dealers (when they're purchased new) and already have a service record on the van's engine. I know there's some tm guts to service, but there's some service history recorded.

Another thing, since your fleet isn't small, you and many other bigger/corporate businesses could also be part of this and record the data of your service records of each van that goes through your service dept and increase the resale of your vans when it's time to get rid of them.

Keep in mind, the person who'd pay for this software is the one who's purchasing the tm on the buyer's end, not the data entry side. The more manufacturers and businesses team up to enter the data, the better our industry can be.

Broke ass rug suckers buying a $15k used setup can feel more secure in the livelyhood of that machine, and they might have more trust in the manufacturers who have a better goal in just wanting us to buy new every 5 years.

The arrogance of the manufacturers are probably laughing at my idea. If so, I don't give a 🖕

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm not saying dig up every service record of a machine 35years ago.

I'm focusing on NOW and forward on. Just start from this year. It'd be easy with today's technology. Just start out, giving every member an access code to their business if they have a real service dept. and have one center dept. to collect $ and manage any software updates.

And if a small company like mine wants to enter the data on our machines, make it so a certified dealer is doing the work to confirm the quality by entering the license number of the business , not some backyard owner/op.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm certain your service dept is very good and would be a good member to the program.

For an individual business to be able to add their service dept to the program, there needs to be requirements and a third party to view and confirm the data provided. (size of the company, how many vans are in the fleet, etc.)

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You and all the other fatasses who are nothing more than tm and chemical soap salesmen don't like this idea because it might slow the sales of new machines down by a very small percentage. SELL!SELL!SELL!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Fast forward to ten years after this software has been established:
On facebook market place, someone posts a machine that has a fresh coat of over the counter spray paint, new gauges (hour meter also) and new hoses ONLY. They want half the price of a new unit comparable to size.

They're fixing to rip someone off big time.

BUT...there's one record of it going through the dealer because it had some freeze damage. The dealer fixed it not problem and recorded the hours on the meter at 5621 hrs on the meter when serviced. WAIT, the current meter says it only has 743 hrs and this machine looks nice on the front and side pics.

The damn thing is only worth $3k, not $15k

That guy who's only in his first few years of business was just saved from going under all because of this program

Who is it that bragged about being "PARTNERS" with us? It's time to see some partnership from them.

Mikey P

Administrator
You and all the other fatasses who are nothing more than tm and chemical soap salesmen don't like this idea because it might slow the sales of new machines down by a very small percentage. SELL!SELL!SELL!
You're implying that I gave the concept 10 seconds of thought.

When you're ready to buy a TOPS I'll put the serial number in your profile if that helps.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Had you asked, I would have suggested to pass on your Blueline.

The good news is, the Push Mower Society of Urban America asked me for permission to steal your idea.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
For an individual business to be able to add their service dept to the program, there needs to be requirements and a third party to view and confirm the data provided. (size of the company, how many vans are in the fleet, etc.)
What's in it for the individual business to be a part of this program? I just don't see the win. Maintenance records are helpful for selling a vehicle, but not vital. I've sold a few trucks over the years and sometimes the purchaser wants the records and sometimes they don't.

As to the third party confirmation, how is that going to happen? Every time we change a vehicle's oil will someone have to verify it?

I get what you are trying to do, but I just don't see it happening.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What's in it for the individual business to be a part of this program? I just don't see the win.
Confirmation of higher resale value and better quality of pre owned setups to help the little guys succeed to weed out the slums of our industry

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And this can also help establish a more accurate resale value like Kelly blue book

I know several argue about this but with more history and data, the more accurate the value is

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Had you asked, I would have suggested to pass on your Blueline.

The good news is, the Push Mower Society of Urban America asked me for permission to steal your idea.
I hope someone does take off with this idea.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
As to the third party confirmation, how is that going to happen? Every time we change a vehicle's oil will someone have to verify it?

I get what you are trying to do, but I just don't see it happening.
With third party, I can’t provide the answer. Of course with maintenance that should be entered by the company that services

The third party Is to confirm that the member is a reputable service facility. The third party’s job isn’t to confirm each service task. That would be terrible

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom