Carpel Tunnel Surgery on both hands tomorrow

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Happy Birthday to me tomorrow!! For my 43 birthday present I am getting Carpel Tunnel surgery done on both hands. This is the perfect time of year to do this because we are slow and my employee can handle all the work.

I have been fighting Carpel Tunnel for 10 years and it just gets worse and worse. I can’t even fill out the receipts in the morning anymore. I love cycling but can’t go more than a mile before my hands are killing me and my fingers are numb. I can’t grab the breaks with numb figures.

The first job of the day hurts so bad anymore I just can’t take it. I don’t want surgery but I have tried everything else and just have to get it done.

Anyone had the surgery?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Why both at once Adam?

At 63 I'm dealing with Viking's syndrome in my primary (left) hand. Like you, I will postpone surgery as long as possible.

Getting a full time helper again 5 years ago has been a lifesaver.

Becker

Name
Becker
Hope it helps. I'm dealing with golfers elbow. Brought on I think by jack hammering. But carpet cleaning won't let it heal. Been off for a week. Another 8 days to go. Hoping it helps.

Speedy recovery.

Ron K

Hope it goes well for you.
I agree with Lee that any help/helper we can get will only help.

On that note anyone have or know any exercises/stretches to help with our industry related injuries.
Was overhearing someone at OT/PT saying that at least every hour you need to move through the whole
range of motion if your task only entails a partial movement. Made sense to me.

Bjorn

I play golf but don't have carpet cleaners elbow?

Viking's syndrome come on you don't have a sword hand

Reactions: Art Kelley

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had it.. Easy one! Maybe 3 weeks and I was back at it. Great time for surgery, I always tried to plan them that way.

Obama took my insurance, he can KMA!

Reactions: Bjorn
Name
Marcus
I had a pinched nerve in my neck for 3-4 years also tendonitis in both elbows and up my shoulder...
Went to a chiropractor prayed for healing and finally got a zipper.....
The zipper definitely solved the problem for me....
I haven't had tendonitis in 9 months and only a small flare up in my neck since I got the zipper.
Also have only been to the chiropractor 1-2 times in the last 9 months......
I will pick up the wand on rare occasions and I know this tendonitis pinched nerve will come back if I kept wanding for a few days....the zipper is a saver for these issues.....

Name
Marcus
I used both left and right alternately...I can never go back to a wand.....
Even if I could I wouldn't want to as the zipper is less wear on the body....besides cleaning better with less dry strokes....

Name
Marcus
How about practicing basketball 2-3 times a week with the local hs basketball team for the past 6 years........

CCWorks

Name
Greg
I had the testing 10 years ago, production work and used a wrist brace for 6 months, I passed on the surgery. I try to keep my wrist straight as I can and that seems to help, no problems.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Both hands, so I am only down for 4 weeks instead of 8.

I cross train more than anyone I know. I do P90X, Insanity, weights, cycling, boot camp. I never do the same workouts every week.
I have slept with braces for 10 years, therapy, exercises, shots nothing helps for long. I am tired of hurting.
Its time to get it done. My employee can handle all the Jan. work so a good time to recover.
never been cut on before so I am a little nervous.
Both hands? Wait, who's going to wipe..... Never mind. I don't want to know.
I thought you coul come over every morning at 8.......

Reactions: Mikey P and Willy P

steve_64

i have been using the bane straight wand since i started this business. in a purchase i made 6 or so years ago i got a curved wand. after using it for a month or so i started getting "tennis" elbow real bad.
i switched back to the straight wand and it got better after several months.
well, last year i started using it again when i was having some valve issues on the straight wand and almost immediately my elbow and forearm started hurting. i got the valve fixed and switched back but it took almost 6 months to heal this time.
i sure hope the carpal tunnel doesnt come back once you have healed from the surgery. you may want to find a different wand or as someone mentioned, the zipper.
i am concerned about using another wand now after my experience.

good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Name
Marcus
Like I said I would be out of carpet cleaning by now if it wasn't for the zipper...
2-4 years of pinched nerve pain and tendonitis down the arms and shoulder put me down...
Still cleaning resturants without a helper at age 55.....thanks to the zipper....

Reactions: steve_64

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Adam I had carpel tunnel release surgery done to both of my hands some time ago. Mine as a cause of the years having worked on a barge line on the Mississippi and years of tightening ratchets. The pain was worse than excruciating prior to the surgeries. After it was done my hands felt awesome. You'll be glad when its done. My left hand I opted for the manual release; this is where the surgeon blocked of the blood flow the arm, made a small incision and then with a surgical hammer he stood atop the bed and literally whacked at the tunnel until it broke free. The second one was a few years later and done with laser surgery. I preferred the manual release, even though it was a bit weird watching the Jamaican Doctor wail down upon me like a mad man.

Good luck and may you have a swift recovery!

Ivan

p.s. my recovery was a period of about 1 week with wearing a specially designed wrist device they leave you with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom