Carpenters chalk

Walt

I have a spot job to got to this after noon where they spilled some red carpenters chalk - the kind that goes in a snap line. Any idea on how to remove this?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
vacuum it real good and clean as normal....I added a built alight box onto Katie's room and dropped the chalk line (blue..it went every where)..and that was what I did and it cleaned right out....never came back...the secret is in the vacuuming......

Jackeyed

Blue chalk is made to be removed easily. Red chalk is made to be more perminent. You will have far greater trouble removing red chalk then blue. I would think a light acid rinse would help break it down tho.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Agree that vacuuming is the key. Be sure your vacuuming does not spread the chalk. USe a TM with Dust downer or HEPA filtered vacuum to avoid spreading the chalk dust back out into the room through the vacuum filter bag.

Use a soft brush along with the vacuuming to loosen as much chalk as possible.

Clean using a filtration soil remover (Filter Free) if it is a spot; Use Traffic Slam. Both contain ingredients to break the bond between very fine soil (chalk dust) and the fiber.

Rinse on the acid side.

If any color remains, try a dye remover such as RedZONE or Red Releif.

Scott Warrington
Technical Support
Interlink Supply / Bridgepoint Systems

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom