carpet buckels after cleaning

i know why is happens but,my question is there any way to see if this will occur before you clean it and not scare the client when this happens?

Bob Foster

It's a defense mechanism from the carpet because it's still scared from the last time it was cleaned...

Grab it by the short and curlies in the middle of the room and see if you can pull it off the floor a bunch. If you can then its probably too loose and install unless it is a very special non stretched install.

Walt

Make a line on your drying instructions that covers it. Then when you tell the customer hand the drying instructions at the same time. Seeing it in print will assure them that it happens all the time.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
first time you get the call ya shit yer pants, loose sleep. Second time yer just alarmed. Third time+ ya just tell-em to chill and it all levels out. Predict it?, how's that possible?

gavin

NobleCarpetCleaners said:
first time you get the call ya shit yer pants, loose sleep. Second time yer just alarmed. Third time+ ya just tell-em to chill and it all levels out. Predict it?, how's that possible?

That's exactly how I felt.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: carpet buckels after cleaning

NobleCarpetCleaners said:

Exactly :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

glenboy

Name
GLEN
happend to me too.i went there on a down pour rain day and the carpet was thick piled and dog dirty :shock: so i cleaned it and later that eve they called and said the carpet was raised in the middle :shock: so i went there and it was,i told them to give it till the next morn and call me.they never called,so i called them and they say they forgot all about it and left for work and walked rite over it somewhat amus

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
My very first job was a 2nd go-around after another franchise came in and did a MACHINE SHOP (yes, cutting oil, abrasives, metal shavings) with a......rug doctor.

Obvously the customer is pissed that he was on the hook for 750.00 for this "cleaning".

I came in there, blasted it with whatever it was that I had, and pretty much cleaned it up. Two hours later the customer comes in and screams that he's got "wrinkles" everywhere.

He threatens to sue me. He asked what kind of moron I was. I try to explain to him the process, and he insists that his wife's Kirby could do a better job than my Prochem Truckmount.

My insurance agent now is asking me what the hell is going on. I tell him I would come and pick him up and go there. We get there and the place smells like Dry Slurry (fresher than cutting oil at least) and the "wrinkles" are gone.

The custy tells me he came back with his wife's Kirby and made it allllll better.

And I get screwed on my first job ever.

The End

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom