Carpet cleaner and Pit bulls don’t mix well

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I didn’t need a cup of coffee this morning...this experience woke me up quickly.

Go to the first job of the day. Ring doorbell, front door wide open but storm door shut. Step back and wait. Two pit bulls that look like Guard Dogs from The Gates of Hell with shoulders wider and muscular then mine and wide mouth with razor sharp looking teethe...(one bite on my thigh and I’d need a prosthetic leg like one legged JiMmy)....come charging at the storm door. I reach for the storm door handle to make sure it doesn’t pop open. Owner appears behind the storm door and tries to open the storm door. I’m holding the door shut making sure he doesn’t open the door asking him to please put the dogs away. He’s telling me dogs don’t bit while trying to open the door. I’m raising my voice saying, “Please don’t open the door, put the dogs away or wait til I jump back in my van, Please!”
He’s still trying to open the door and i’m stiff arming the door making sure he ain’t opening the door. Meanwhile dogs are going nuts barking waiting to come out and he still saying dogs don’t bit. By this time i’m yelling please don’t open the door wait til I get back in my van...they can sense my fear....”Mr Please Dont Open the Door til I get back in My Van. Finally he says ok I’ll put them away in their room.
I jump in my van and wait til he comes back to the door with no dogs.
I proceed to tell him I don’t trust pit bulls dogs no matter how friendly they maybe.

We greet and all is well.

While cleaning I’m looking at the door to the dogs room seeing their NOSE shadow under the door and I’m thinking them suckers are waiting to shred me to pieces.

I’ve since tonight ordered dog mace, bear spray, human mace and a nice legal blade....a few of each for my vehicles, me to carry at all times. I ain’t taking no chances. No sir!

I got bit by a Rottweiler a few years back....I should have placed my mace order back then.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I didn’t need a cup of coffee this morning...this experience woke me up quickly.

Go to the first job of the day. Ring doorbell, front door wide open but storm door shut. Step back and wait. Two pit bulls that look like Guard Dogs from The Gates of Hell with shoulders wider and muscular then mine and wide mouth with razor sharp looking teethe...(one bite on my thigh and I’d need a prosthetic leg like one legged JiMmy)....come charging at the storm door. I reach for the storm door handle to make sure it doesn’t pop open. Owner appears behind the storm door and tries to open the storm door. I’m holding the door shut making sure he doesn’t open the door asking him to please put the dogs away. He’s telling me dogs don’t bit while trying to open the door. I’m raising my voice saying, “Please don’t open the door, put the dogs away or wait til I jump back in my van, Please!”
He’s still trying to open the door and i’m stiff arming the door making sure he ain’t opening the door. Meanwhile dogs are going nuts barking waiting to come out and he still saying dogs don’t bit. By this time i’m yelling please don’t open the door wait til I get back in my van...they can sense my fear....”Mr Please Dont Open the Door til I get back in My Van. Finally he says ok I’ll put them away in their room.
I proceed to tell him I don’t trust pit bulls dogs no matter how friendly they maybe.

While cleaning I’m looking at the door to the dogs room seeing their NOSE shadow under the door and I’m thinking them suckers are waiting to shred me to pieces.

I’ve since tonight ordered dog mace, bear spray, human mace and a nice legal blade....a few of each for my vehicles, me to carry at all times. I ain’t taking no chances. No sir!

I got bit by a Rottweiler a few years back....I should have placed my mace order back then.
Your first mistake was, when you got back in your van, not driving off.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

Retarded custys, I’ll never understand why people don’t crate their pets and children when work is being done in their homes.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I can’t for the life of me figure out why people don’t put thier dogs up when a stranger is coming to work. As I posted a few weeks ago I got a pretty severe bite and these people knew that the dog had an aggression problem. I went to one yesterday where they just let the snarling dog run around. I came close to walking out. I’m not taking any more chances. With the dog that bit me I would have never had time to pull out the pepper spray. As soon as she opened the door the dog struck like a rattlesnake. I love dogs but sometimes dog owners can be clueless.

Reactions: Cleanworks

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
They smelled your fear..

I would have been giving them belly rubs before the owner even showed up.

Mike I did that to the Rottweiler I encountered at a crusty home.
Half way between my van and the door I hear a growl. I froze knowing who it was. Gently he comes I begin to pet cautiously. We walk towards the door together and he wants more petting. I reach under his belly for a rub and snap! He nips my web between thumb and index finger. Blood dripping. Owners finally come to the door and says ‘come on in’.
I said I can’t your dog is next to me. They say ‘ he does not bite’
I raise my hand and blood dripping and say...’yes he does!!!!’
They run out and take the dog away.
They were astonished he bite me. They ask what did I do?
I said I pet him under his belly. They said oh his belly...he does not like belly rubs.
I said Thanks for letting me know!

Since that time it I’ve become a bit nervous around someone else dog.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jimmy Ladwig is long overdue here.

Soon he will be singing the praises of pet ownership and being in close contact with dogs

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I’ve always been around dogs. We always ask if there’s dogs, if it it’s cool I’ll ask to pet if it’s noisy or nervous looking I’ll ask it be put away.

Any trades or services come to my own place mine are put away, we don’t want them familiar with everybody even the pool guy has to come on a close schedule so they’re put away.

New guy bout lost it, his office didn’t tell us they were sending new guy and they didn’t let him know about our dogs, he got lucky they stopped him before entering our gate.

It’s rude to keep your pets loose if people are uncomfortable.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
English bulldog was couple months ago he was super cool. We’ve been buying dog supplies from his owner for some time now.

Golden was taken two years ago mailman will give him a blank card if there’s no mail. It’s in a 55+ park. That golden was still super playful even though he hobbled when he walked

9BFB071A-8952-4FE2-A36F-7EC6013EF886.jpeg 4FF82D0A-F40F-4999-A80D-64BAAF8DCB87.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Owners have to learn to be responsible for their dogs and to realize that not everybody loves dogs and some people are terrified of them. Case in point, my upstairs neighbor at my shop has a German Shepard that he lets roam in the front lawn. Everytime I stop to open the gate, if the dogs is out he charges at me barking. Now, I'm not afraid of dogs and this one knows me so I speak to it and it stops and I can pet it and he's happy. If I turned and ran, that dog would be chasing and biting me. It only takes one person to react the wrong way and get bit. Probably end up with the dog being put down. If you love your dog, control it.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I had a job last year where the customer came to the door and asked if I liked dogs. Having a German Shepard I said yes, love dogs. She opens the door wider and there stands a Pit Bull. Didnt look mean or anything so I go inside and treat it like any other dog (I like to pay special attention to dogs) and its the cutest thing. It was a young dog so it was in the Chewy Lewy days and did nibble my hand some but it was just playful. I thought it was too cool

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
most bully breeds have a strong defensive drive and will bark a lot at the door or through a fence... once your on the other side its a completely different dog.

my italian mastiff looks like the scariest dog youll ever see, like a small panther and shes very aggressive defensively but once your let in the gate shes wiggling all over the place and will lick you to death.

my Malinois though are a different story they will bite and were not talking about a little nip.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom