Carpet cleaning and increased risk of disease

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Are there any diseases (such as ALS) that carpet cleaners are at an increased risk of getting?
Respiratory problems caused by inhaling any number of possible irritants.

Vacuuming without a HEPA filter can throw a lot of dust in the air, some powders are irritants, high residue cleaning can leave a lot of irritants, even going in and out of cold/warm, high/low humidity can cause breathing problems.

Otherwise, just watch the Baconaters.

Name
Evets
Wear gloves when mixing chemicals and applying solvent spotters.
Respirator and gloves if acid tile cleaners are necessary.
Apply Common Sense as needed.

Reactions: Cleanworks

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Too many years pushing a non-glided wand...
dreamstime_l_16330808.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Maybe splashing some waste water in your eye while rinsing out your recovery tank

eye or a cut/lesion on body or under bandaid
that might be a genuine concern for a bacterial infection.

'specially when not maintained/rinsed regular and gets ripe in summer with that lovely effluent smell....

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
As we sit in our side by side recliners watching anything I want on TV (I'm a man damn it!) she comments about this and.............that.
Then for some reason the volume on the TV goes up..........pretty soon it is blaring. And she yells...............WHY IS THE TV SO LOUD?

And I yell back...................BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR IT WITH YOU TALKING!

Sadly it's years of that sumbitch LOUD TM.

And years of listening to HEAVY METAL MUSIC!

And now it's my LOUD MOFO MOTORSICKLE!

BITCHES!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Are there any diseases (such as ALS) that carpet cleaners are at an increased risk of getting?

I've gotten to know carpet cleaners since 1975. The ones I knew then have mostly passed away, or are in advanced years.

I don't have any scientific data to give you, but I haven't noticed any more of them dying of cancer or any number of other diseases that might be connected with chemical exposure than people I know outside of the industry.

The deadlier stuff that my father worked with in the 1960's and 70's are unavailable to you now.
Considering that he worked extensively with carbon tetrachloride and perchlorethylene and survived amazes me still.

Why HE is alive at 88 is beyond me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom