Carpet cleaning software for 1 truck operation

Pipernate

I'm sure it must have been discussed before but I'm weighing my options with various offerinngs in the way of 'digitizing' my client information management.
My situation is I am a very busy one-truck operator and all my bookings are still on paper. What I'd like to do is capture client info on my mobile device when clients call, and use that for everything from booking appointments, exporting financial info to QuickBooks and my accountant, as well as future marketing like call campaigns, email reminders etc.
I want to avoid office work (and an assistant's salary) as much as possible by doing as much as possible on the fly while out on the road.

There are several choices out on the market such as:

1) Howard Partidge's Soft Serve Pro,
2) Service Monster by Principle Focus,
3) Service CEO,
4) Camelot,
5) Others?

Each has their strengths and weaknesses, price points etc. Just wondering who has used any of these and how you like/dislike it?

Cheers, Nate

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I emailed you an invite Nathan.

Yes, you and I both can get a free month out of it. :mrgreen:

Anyone else want an invite??

:shock:

I have absolutely no shame whatsoever.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Doug, what can you do with the premier that you can't with the standard qb?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The Premier edition is industry specific. You pick between 4 biz types when you install the program. I use the service edition. I use only a fraction of what quickbooks offers.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
What I'd like to do is capture client info on my mobile device when clients call, and use that for everything from booking appointments, exporting financial info to QuickBooks and my accountant, as well as future marketing like call campaigns, email reminders etc.

SM does this?

My biggest challenge with SM is that it is on Online software. Works great as long you have a data connection. What do you do when the net svc goes down or you're out of data site?

I've been using Mistral2000 since 99, all my info is on my laptop, right now, with no data connection.
Never tried exporting to QB, I just print the income numbers off and give them to my accountant.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's probably the biggest issue anyone would have with SM......online.

I see it as a plus because it's in real time and can be used anywhere.....Anywhere there is internet.

If you have someone answering your phone and you're out in the field......You don't have to worry about double booking etc?

If you don't have someone answering your phones....probably not a big deal or problem.

SM is getting better all the time too

Here...Read Joe's post near the bottom of the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=50903

It just a simple and effective way for carpet cleaners to stay in touch with their business and their customers.

VincentW

FULL DISCLOSURE - My name is Vincent and I sell software that is directly related to this thread. My company mHelpdesk is an all-in-one invoicing, estimate builder, service scheduling, client tracking system. I stumbled on this thread, and I'm here to make a recommendation for a company that I have a direct interest in (http://mhelpdesk.com).

I've worked with several carpet cleaning businesses to help them get organized and simplify their day-to-day work. We specialize in both one-man operations and small teams. I've personally taken a business from post-it notes to a full-blown system that not only saves them time and effort, but also results in a more professional business.

Many of our clients started out overwhelmed and overworked. Important things were slipping through the cracks. We've helped them record every detail so that it is now virtually impossible to lose track of things.

Here are a couple benefits for the carpet cleaning industry -
**Complete work-order management
**Build estimates, generate invoices on-site with iPads, iPhones, Android Mobile Devices
**Schedule appointments online
**Setup recurring jobs and reminders
**Google Calendar integration
**Quickbooks integration
**Works on any Web-Browser

If you are interested, you can contact me direct at vincent@mhelpdesk.com and we can go over your requirements to see if we are a good fit. You can check us out at http://mhelpdesk.com.

Mods, I've already emailed asking to advertise on Mikey's Board. I am happy to pay to advertise here, and did not want to miss the opportunity to respond today.

Bob Foster

Its nice to see a supplier approach this board with the courtesy and consideration the way you have.

Great that you have something relevant to offer our members!

M

Merty

If you use SM in conjunction with QB's, then you don't have to worry if the net goes down. You still have all your customer info. in QB's.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ron Werner said:
My biggest challenge with SM is that it is on Online software. Works great as long you have a data connection. What do you do when the net svc goes down or you're out of data site?

I've had SM for 14 months now, never had a problem. I also carry my laptop w/ an aircard. Hardly ever do I have to "log onto SM" other in the early morning @ the office or on the road when I'm booking jobs over the phone. I have also used it in my clients home, but only to change their price, add things, the reason I did this was because I didn't want to go back to the office and still have to do "paperwork", I try to do everything before I get back home. Keep in mind, I also don't print any work orders/invoices, everything is emailed to them after the job is completed. Everyone uses email nowadays, and I have all my clients emails, all of them.

I write down all my jobs in the computer's notepad when a client calls, this is my "notepad", I don't use a paper notepad, find this much easier, and no paper laying all over the van.

Yesterday, I was booking jobs on the phone, scheduling online, using the Coffee shops Wifi, did a commercial estimate using my iPad as my notepad to gather sqft dimensions, and show previous pics of other commercial jobs, clients are always impressed.

This is only what works for me.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
dropping my data connection is rare since switching to Verizon.

i love Service Monster!

been using it about 2 years now i guess.

no complaints whatsoever.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
You got a good point there Marty!

But do you know anything about cleaning carpets?

I think Mikey missed you while you where away.

Merty said:
If you use SM in conjunction with QB's, then you don't have to worry if the net goes down. You still have all your customer info. in QB's.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey, I missed that Marty post.

Just export your customer list every once in a while if you're paranoid about losing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom