Carpet dry when you leave.... oh my.

Mikey P

Administrator
I see Dave Rampage is talking about leaving carpets 101% dry when he leaves.

Hmm..

Dave works by himself on week days, kid helps when not in school if my memories serves. My memory also tells me that last we talked Dave had switched to a combination Cimex/ OP style of cleaning resi carpet.

Even with VLM (or a 8 to the door Aerotech) to make those claims you will be placing and moving a fan in every room.

clock is ticking....extra dry strokes... hauling in Airpaths... touch carpet everywhere to make sure his promise is held up....post vacuum....pack up all those fans....

Sound like 40% less work getting down by the end of the month.

Dave says he wants to grow his company so his kids can join the biz.

Dave I have a suggestion for you...

giddie up and let Mrs Pift deal with a few hours of damp carpet.

and yes they do call back if it takes over night.

Who or what ever convinced you of otherwise has lead you astray of reality.

G

gcole

It sounds like he is trying to devlop a unique Buying Proposition. What I believe he fails to recognize is that the reason most cleaners have tried this and stopped do it is for the resons you listed. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I see Dave Rampage is talking about leaving carpets 101% dry when he leaves.

Hmm..

Dave works by himself on week days, kid helps when not in school if my memories serves. My memory also tells me that last we talked Dave had switched to a combination Cimex/ OP style of cleaning resi carpet.

Even with VLM (or a 8 to the door Aerotech) to make those claims you will be placing and moving a fan in every room.

clock is ticking....extra dry strokes... hauling in Airpaths... touch carpet everywhere to make sure his promise is held up....post vacuum....pack up all those fans....

Sound like 40% less work getting down by the end of the month.

Dave says he wants to grow his company so his kids can join the biz.

Dave I have a suggestion for you...

giddie up and let Mrs Pift deal with a few hours of damp carpet.

and yes they do call back if it takes over night.

Who or what ever convinced you of otherwise has lead you astray of reality.

I state in my website that the majority of the carpet and upholstery we clean is dry before we leave and it is. Some times i will leave fans for a couple of hours to dry up the remaining after i leave then come back to pick them up,they love it. Sounds like extra expense but i look at it as my advertising budget which i do not do pay for advertising. .All the carpet is always dry before the end of the day.This makes their carpet cleaning experience a very positive thing. People hate wet carpet. I find that dry time claims made by most carpet cleaners is FOS.

Name
Ross Martin
I think you have to be careful of making absolute statements. You can do a great job cleaning and if the carpet is not completely dry before leaving, then you have a dis-satisfied customer.

Most customers that have a concern about dry times are happy to hear a "few hours", because the last guy may have been a few days.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I found that with pad cleaning I could almost gaurantee it to be dry when I left. Just about every time! Problem was, the carpet was still dirty.

So it's a compromise. If you want it clean, then you have to live with a 3 or 4 hour drying time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I found that with pad cleaning I could almost gaurantee it to be dry when I left. Just about every time! Problem was, the carpet was still dirty.

So it's a compromise. If you want it clean, then you have to live with a 3 or 4 hour drying time.

:pig:

:oldrolleyes:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

Is that a couple of hrs. 3-4 hrs. 4-6 hrs. or 24hrs or is it you just tell the client what you think sounds good and who gives a shit because you got paid and are gone. We are all carpet cleaners here so at least lets not BS each other. As far as the carpet still being dirty with pad cleaning that tells me that you were using the wrong equipment or you have not learned how to use it properly.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Is that a couple of hrs. 3-4 hrs. 4-6 hrs. or 24hrs or is it you just tell the client what you think sounds good and who gives a shit because you got paid and are gone. We are all carpet cleaners here so at least lets not BS each other. As far as the carpet still being dirty with pad cleaning that tells me that you were using the wrong equipment or you have not learned how to use it properly.

Of course ...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It wouldn't be dry with a Cimex, you're shower feeding gallons of solution on to the carpet. You might be able to do it with OP but that's a lot of pressure on yourself. I disagree with the Porkfritter, I think you can do a pretty good job with good solutions, a pad.

Just because some doomazz pig rushed through it doesn't mean it can be compared to someone with a little skill and a lot more knowledge. ;)

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Dry absorbent powder (like Host) would deliver on those claims. Sometimes I leave before the carpet is completely dry when using other VLM methods, but it always drys well under an hour.

And yes, I do think that you can get the carpet just as clean using a CRB with a light encap prespray/absorbent powder combo.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Mardie you are clueless....

For you to comment on what dry times can be achieved and what cleanliness can be achieved is wrong. You are a VONSCHRADER hack still and its only been a few weeks since you even knew about pad cleaning and you were pretty surprized to see a video posted here.

And lemme guess you are going to say how sensitive bunch us steam cleaners are...like you have said it many times before. In my opinion YOU are the one that is a sensitive defensive person because You always feel the need to Assume the worst about steam cleaning and you feel the need to defend your methods.

And once again: many of us here have real life experience with methods you have access to.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can make a carpet look clean using OP. But actually cleaning it down the shaft of the fiber is impossible with a rag spinner.

Get over being angry and let your common sense dwell on the issue for a bit.

steve_64

the problem with anything other than extraction is removing spills and piss. you can pour whatever you want on it butits still there. and yes even with extraction some may remain but you have a better tool for the job.
where you live matters when it comes to dry times, so to say one methodworks better than another is well ya know. and i wont use solvents to clean a carpet and thats from my understanding is what host is.
and i hate washing pads but i do spin some commercial jobs. churches libraries offices things like that.
ive never seen anyone around here advertise dry when they leave. its been raining off and on over a week here, when asked about drying i make no promises only i will do the best i can. sometimes it takes a whole day other times some rooms are dry before im done. just be honest with yourself first and explaining these things to your customer is easy. they will understand. d if its an issue leave fans and charge a little more, they will understand. when i mention this most of the time they will elect to let it dry naturally. its cheaper.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
My main method of cleaning is TM HWE. That choice has been made for me by my customers. The people that I clean for want the TM. They just like the idea of the process better. I average about a 4 hr dry time, and most people seem to be ok with that.

I used to clean every job with HM rotary drimaster, people liked the faster dry times. I started offering a lower price with just the wand cleaning, since it is faster, most of the people choose to save $ and deal with the longer dry

I have been thinking about reinventing my business and switching over to the Brush and Clean System and really promote the fast dry times and the Eco cleaning of less water and gas. It has worked and is working for lots of companies all over the world. If Dave Rampage chooses to run his business that way, it gives him something to differentiate his company for the crowd.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
It wouldn't be dry with a Cimex, you're shower feeding gallons of solution on to the carpet. You might be able to do it with OP but that's a lot of pressure on yourself. I disagree with the Porkfritter, I think you can do a pretty good job with good solutions, a pad.

Just because some doomazz pig rushed through it doesn't mean it can be compared to someone with a little skill and a lot more knowledge. ;)
Agree

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have never, ever that I recall had a customer tell us their choice. They may ask because "someone" told them that this or that method is good or bad. We TM 99.9% of our jobs by our choice and belief in the better results.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie you are clueless....

For you to comment on what dry times can be achieved and what cleanliness can be achieved is wrong. You are a VONSCHRADER hack still and its only been a few weeks since you even knew about pad cleaning and you were pretty surprized to see a video posted here.

And lemme guess you are going to say how sensitive bunch us steam cleaners are...like you have said it many times before. In my opinion YOU are the one that is a sensitive defensive person because You always feel the need to Assume the worst about steam cleaning and you feel the need to defend your methods.

And once again: many of us here have real life experience with methods you have access to.
I have said nothing in this thread that would indicate that i assumed the worst about HWE or that i am defending the method that i use. As far as equipment and methods go i am about as loyal as a dog in heat. Do you not know that every different type of carpet has vastly different drying characteristics and that is not taking into account environmental conditions or the amount of cleaning that it took to get it clean. For any wet cleaner to put their dry times in print is beyond me. How often can you get away with a high speed light skimming of the carpet surface to make your 2 hr. dry time claims hold water? Heck their is even a TM guy in my area that is marketing his HWE method Low Moisture. Like i said earlier in this thread we are all carpet cleaners so lets not BS each other.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Let me break the news to you Mardie- chem dry is using truckmount in more and more of their franchise's trucks. Do you wana know how they advertise themselves and what kinda dry times they advertise?

Yeah I thought so.

And yes you are the one BSing here because of your belief that all truckmounts will "soak down to the backing of the carpet and the pad will get wet"

Again- you are clueless about a decent truckmount and what can be done to reach the COUPLE hour dry time.

High flow (10-20flow on a wand) and high airflow to the truckmount could easily get the 2-3 hour dry time. Especially with the use of airmovers. And if YOU have to leave blowers behind after you vonschrader a carpet that's pretty lame.

Last edited:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I explain the different methods that I offer and suggest which would be best for their situation and explain why. Most people usually go with my suggestion.

When I first started, I got a lot of work from people who were very unhappy with a local ChemDry. Because of that, they only wanted HWE no matter what. They just assumed that because their experience with VLM cleaning was so bad, VLM doesn't work. So rather then try to convince them that VLM does work when used correctly, I just used my TM.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Let me break the news to you Mardie- chem dry is using truckmount in more and more of their franchise's trucks. Do you wana know how they advertise themselves and what kinda dry times they advertise?

Yeah I thought so.

And yes you are the one BSing here because of your belief that all truckmounts will "soak down to the backing of the carpet and the pad will get wet"

Again- you are clueless about a decent truckmount and what can be done to reach the COUPLE hour dry time.

High flow (10-20flow on a wand) and high airflow to the truckmount could easily get the 2-3 hour dry time. Especially with the use of airmovers. And if YOU have to leave blowers behind after you vonschrader a carpet that's pretty lame.
How did Chem dry get into this.I see Chem Dry as the pure essence of high pressure scare tactic marketing techniques with a high level of deception. So dose this mean you are an advocate of Chem Dry. (because they use TMs LOL) I know that in the right conditions (carpet type,environmental conditions and the amount of cleaning necessary to get the carpet clean that HWE can easily achieve 2 hr. dry times) Why is that lame when i leave air movers behind?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
How did Chem dry get into this.I see Chem Dry as the pure essence of high pressure scare tactic marketing techniques with a high level of deception. So dose this mean you are an advocate of Chem Dry. (because they use TMs LOL) I know that in the right conditions (carpet type,environmental conditions and the amount of cleaning necessary to get the carpet clean that HWE can easily achieve 2 hr. dry times) Why is that lame when i leave air movers behind?

Chem dry got into this because you brought up a guy that markets his TM cleaning as low moisture. That's basically the same thing what CD is doing so why are you so shocked about the claim that a TM guy can advertise YOUR niche (dry carpets in a couple hours vs couple day)

In other words its lame that you have to leave blowers behind and spend time and money to recover them from a job at the end of the day or next day when a good TM guy can get the job done and get paid AND have the carpets nearly dry without having to leave blowers behind.
If you sell yourself as a VLM guy then it doesn't look good leaving blowers around.

Please do yourself a favor (and us) get on someones truck for a week that knows how to clean and have a decent truckmount and other tools -and learn!

One more thing: dose does those
There their they're
Here hear her (hears hers here's her's)
All very different things....your posts are always littered with mixups like that...just saying.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Chem dry got into this because you brought up a guy that markets his TM cleaning as low moisture. That's basically the same thing what CD is doing so why are you so shocked about the claim that a TM guy can advertise YOUR niche (dry carpets in a couple hours vs couple day)

In other words its lame that you have to leave blowers behind and spend time and money to recover them from a job at the end of the day or next day when a good TM guy can get the job done and get paid AND have the carpets nearly dry without having to leave blowers behind.
If you sell yourself as a VLM guy then it doesn't look good leaving blowers around.

Please do yourself a favor (and us) get on someones truck for a week that knows how to clean and have a decent truckmount and other tools -and learn!

One more thing: dose does those
There their they're
Here hear her (hears hers here's her's)
All very different things....your posts are always littered with mixups like that...just saying.
So you are online with Chem Dry or do you just pick and choose from them what works for you?
I said that i will leave air movers behind sometimes Not all the time That depends on the situation.I always clean the areas of high usage first so they are dry first.Sometimes that dose not work so in a situation like that i will leave an air mover behind.Regardless all the carpet and upholstery i clean is bone dry the same day that i clean it.
I do not market myself as VLM i am LM
If you have a problem understanding my typing and you GAS just ask.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
So you are online with Chem Dry or do you just pick and choose from them what works for you?
I said that i will leave air movers behind sometimes Not all the time That depends on the situation.I always clean the areas of high usage first so they are dry first.Sometimes that dose not work so in a situation like that i will leave an air mover behind.Regardless all the carpet and upholstery i clean is bone dry the same day that i clean it.
I do not market myself as VLM i am LM
If you have a problem understanding my typing and you GAS just ask.

I'm not getting the part about me and CD...what are you trying to ask?
Any carpet or upholstery we clean are also "bone dry the same day"....so what's your point?
I guess it isn't the steam cleaners only that get all sensitive about issues... Hahhahha!

IDGAS about your typing I do that to everyone as a public service like Shawn used to do it. :lol:

Anyways if you still feel like an expert in this industry- good! But always remember many of us (Meat Larry, Stockwell etc) advised you- to HELP YOU- to get on board with a real cleaner and not a company you got hooked up with that advertise professional cleaning to be done by some 60year old lady pushing the Von Schrader around.
But if you don't want the help and you are set in your ways- its fine too but don't go around claiming crap about other professional steam cleaners.

Don't forget to hit that dumb thank you button!!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I'm not getting the part about me and CD...what are you trying to ask?
Any carpet or upholstery we clean are also "bone dry the same day"....so what's your point?
I guess it isn't the steam cleaners only that get all sensitive about issues... Hahhahha!

IDGAS about your typing I do that to everyone as a public service like Shawn used to do it. :lol:

Anyways if you still feel like an expert in this industry- good! But always remember many of us (Meat Larry, Stockwell etc) advised you- to HELP YOU- to get on board with a real cleaner and not a company you got hooked up with that advertise professional cleaning to be done by some 60year old lady pushing the Von Schrader around.
But if you don't want the help and you are set in your ways- its fine too but don't go around claiming crap about other professional steam cleaners.
If you go back to the beginning of this thread you will see that you are the one that jumped all over me and not the other way around. I have tried to accommodate your misinterpretations of my comments to the best of my abilities. It just seems to me that unless i were a TM owner the only thing you can see coming from me is negative towards hwe. Just because i have an opinion dose not mean that i think that i am the almighty expert.
I believe that if i owned a vortex and made the same comments that your responses would be much different if any at all.

G

gregloe

This is all BS. I want to see some moisture meter readings or shut up

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This is all BS. I want to see some moisture meter readings or shut up

If you addressed this to those that claim fast dry times, then I can say I have done it and sticking a moisture meter into the carpet would not indicate moisture after a couple of hours. I also have done the paper towel test and came up dry.
So yes good dry times are possible!

Of course depending on the weather, thickness of carpet or material its made out of but an average, soiled carpet can be well extracted ( no mardie not skimming over on top of it quickly) with appropriate wand technique and use of Airpath type blowers and have fairly quick dry times that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom