Carpet dry when you leave.... oh my.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken was the most talented liar I've ever spoken too.

Seriously.

Must be a better vocation for him to be pilfering than us janitors.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
ken's claim of 15 minute dry times was related to using a carpet drying system. Essentially he would run the rx20 with hot air blowing through it as a final step to blow dry the carpet much like a blow dryer used for drying hair. sure it would work but the extra time it would take would negate the value compared to other methods of speed drying.

M

mcatt76

I try to address drying as much as possible and usually have a few hours to 6 of drying. There are those carpets that can take overnight. Dangerous proposition IMO.

Name
Nate W.
When I was at Mytee/Mikefest in San Diego, a guy named Frank/Genesis dude ran an emulsifier through his machine... He cleaned the banquet room and it was bone dry in 15mins... Granted he was cooking his hose at 260+ degrees... It is very possible to get it dry when you leave, but at what cost? I do leave an air path or 2 behind for the pita customers, it works for me...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ken's claim of 15 minute dry times was related to using a carpet drying system. Essentially he would run the rx20 with hot air blowing through it as a final step to blow dry the carpet much like a blow dryer used for drying hair. sure it would work but the extra time it would take would negate the value compared to other methods of speed drying.

the only HOT AIR blowing was out of ken's mouth
lets see, warm MOIST air (that's coming from a WASTE TANK) ...yea, I'm sure ken used it all-de-time when he was cleaning carpets for a dollar a ft (another one of his HOT AIR claims)

..L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If a customer wants to pay, we can have it "dry to the touch" in all traffic areas before we leave. We have at least 4 air paths and now a drippd or two on each truck, making drying a larger area pretty quick. The key to leaving the carpet dryer is making sure you have the lift and airflow to recover whatever you put down. Don't expect to be cleaning at 500 psi on a 33 blower and the carpets to be dry when you leave.

Most of the chemdri guys are using their Truckmounts at 250 psi so it's not like they are soaking the carpets by any means. They also post pad which helps dry times tremendously.

I AM NOT SAYING THEY DO A GREAT JOB OR THEY DO A BAD JOB AS IMDONT KNOW AND DON'T CARE THIS IS JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY A COUPLE OF FRANCHISE OWNERS..

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
For any wet cleaner to put their dry times in print is beyond me.

not just any HWE cleaner can do this, but certainly some can honestly say it. some on this board have the know-how and the equipment to do it on almost every job. on the few jobs that maybe they can't, as long as they tell the client of this upfront (maybe because of extreme soil), they are fine and ethical.

How often can you get away with a high speed light skimming of the carpet surface to make your 2 hr. dry time claims hold water?

again, if you have the know-how and the right equipment, this is legit. and it doesn't involve a " high speed light skimming of the carpet surface". Mardie i don't think you have an idea of modern day TM equipment.?. just a guess, but if you did you wouldn't make that statement.

Heck their is even a TM guy in my area that is marketing his HWE method Low Moisture.

claiming you are LM or VLM can mean 1 of two things: 1) you use very little water to clean. 2) you leave behind very little water.

while you and i use #1, a lot of HWE guys can honestly use #2. hence the 2 hour dry times.

Like i said earlier in this thread we are all carpet cleaners so lets not BS each other.

no BS. just education for those of us who don't know a lot about other methods. there is a ton idk about HWE, since i don't use it anymore. so i don't read 99% of those threads. the little i do read teaches me a lot still. there are not a lot of hard and fast rules for any method. if someone thinks there are, that just means that he/she doesn't know much about the method. but they can always try and learn. nobody here or on any forum is a know-it-all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom