Carpet drying experiment

Beeks

Name
J.R.
So the baby is almost here, so i decided to clean the house. I did an experiment with different drying scenarios in 3 of our 4 rooms.

Room 1-Only air mover for 10 min (about the time it would take to clean next room in your normal house before i move blower)

Room 2- Only ceiling fan

Room 3-NO air mover no ceiling fan

Results (obviously this will very from machine to machine, how much psi your putting down, and the temp of the home)

Room 1 -was dry in about hour to a hour and half with only 10 min of air mover

Room 2- was dry in the same amount of time

Room 3 -took about 3 hours

What i took from this is that putting down an air mover for a measly 10 min in a room will significantly cut your dry times down. I try and preach this to my tech's as much as possible. So especially in a home without ceiling fans make sure to get an airmover down even if you only have one, at least while your cleaning the next room, and then move it again, your customers will love you for it!

Anyone have similar results? Or tried something and got totally different results?

Last edited:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Which air mover were you using?

I have 4 dripods, I leave 2-4 in a room, and dry times will drastically decrease.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
how would using air pods change there minds?

lighter and smaller tools are more likely to be puled off the truck and used in the home .

Kudos to your efforts, Beeks
Believe it or not, very few do any real testing .
Most just follow the de jour crowd

BTW, were any windows open, or AC on?
Was pre-spray used? cause the amount of pre-spray used effects dry times as much or more than anything else

Air movement is the key here.
I HOPE everyone knows to turn ceiling fans on w/applicable .
One they may not be aware of, nearly all forced air HVAC systems have a fan that can be set to run continuous ..turn it on to keep air moving in the house in addition to any air movement available

..L.T.A.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
lighter and smaller tools are more likely to be puled off the truck and used in the home .

Kudos to your efforts, Beeks
Believe it or not, very few do any real testing .
Most just follow the de jour crowd

BTW, were any windows open, or AC on?
Was pre-spray used? cause the amount of pre-spray used effects dry times as much or more than anything else

Air movement is the key here.
I HOPE everyone knows to turn ceiling fans on w/applicable .
One they may not be aware of, nearly all forced air HVAC systems have a fan that can be set to run continuous ..turn it on to keep air moving in the house in addition to any air movement available

..L.T.A.

Yea AC was on, i tell ALL customers to crank down the AC as it will help with the drying process.

I used prespray of course, my house isnt in bad shape whatsoever so the amount that was applied was minimal, but every house/room will very for that matter, i figure dry times will still be similar for the most part no matter the amount of presrpay if dry strokes and air movers are applied properly!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
i figure dry times will still be similar for the most part no matter the amount of presrpay if dry strokes and air movers are applied properly!

give it a try and let us know, Grasshopper
do it same day in same room (that's important)

never the less, good work and keep it up
cause there are two kinds of peeps in the world, those that know how to figure it for themselves, and the mindless drOnes that make up the masses..

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Everything else being the same, pre-sprayed carpets should take somewhat longer to dry, as they contain wetting agents which will allow more water to go in and deeper.

the mindless drOnes that make up the masses..
Are we talking regular 'mindless drones', or 'mindless drones' dejour. Larry?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
If Beeks were a mindless drone he'd still be listening to Rob the phoney carpet cleaner. .

Airpods besides being real light, dont need to be moved around as much as a directional fan

Ron K

Airpods besides being real light, dont need to be moved around as much as a directional fan

So have you basically given up on the airpath or do you still use them for larger area's.
We use two airpaths the old and the new but the two different style make stacking a pain
but I swear the old style dries faster and I can't seem to get rid of it.
didn't pull the trigger on the airpods they looked a little undersized for what we come up against.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I carry 4 dripods, 3 airpaths and 4 flex's from B-Air. The dripods always come out of the truck first, for larger rooms and jobs the airpaths follow and the flex's are for stairs and upholstery drying.
Luis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom