Carpet extractor

Mikey P

Administrator
@Ed Valentine help this guy figure out the best components so that he's not blowing breakers or keeping the lady of the house from watching TV, doing the laundry or dishes while she gets her carpets cleaned.

• Sad
Reactions: FredC

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Mike45life;

Mikey makes a lot of sense from his experience when he stated something to the fact, that you never want a machine which requires you to move the homeowners washer in order to plug into a (240v) outlet. If you did that at my home, my wife would hit you over the head with a baseball bat and she would be featured on: "Murder she wrote"!
If you are looking at an electric "portable", do not purchase one which requires amperage greater than 20 amps (120v) per plug-in period! Carefully add up the total amp draw---on each----component ( & on each line) before you draw your conclusion to purchase. (I think I know one manufacturer who "fudges" on that issue!-so very important)
If you can not afford a gasoline TM, there are a few ETM's out there which may make sense. But as one member above mentioned, do not cheat yourself when it comes to purchasing because buying cheap will either give you cheap, or, a worn out system with a ton of problems!

Better to wait if you can't afford!

best on your search;
Ed Valentine
www.crossamericancorp.com

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Looking on eBay I saw a van with machine for $3,500. Another for 5k and etc.
The thing is a truck mount...even an old one is going to be a better experience for you and the Customer.
For fun, fill up 2 - 5 gallon buckets (about 80 pounds) with hot water and then carry them up a couple flights of stairs. Even if it has auto fill and auto pump out, you will be carrying buckets more than you will like.

The dirty water has to be dumped somewhere.
The truck mount...even a baby one, even an older one, is going to have more suck, more heat and more water under more pressure than a portable.
More to work with to get the carpet/floor clean.
Best to work with someone experienced for awhile as well.
Best of luck to you however you decide to do this.

Reactions: DAT

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I agree with Bob. There are hundreds of carpet cleaners who don't make it and sell their truckmounts cheap. There should be no shortage of used machines out there. Just don't get into deep debt. The payment has to be made even in the slow months.

If you find something that catches your attention you can always run it by the experts here and they can tell you if it's any good.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom