Carpet Preference

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Mgr from carpet store stopped by this morning. Both rooms are being replaced. The carpet store is a really pretty nice place.... has 19 showrooms in Central Florida and IS NOT HOME DEPOT.... actually a really good experience except for the shawty work done by the O/O installer.... lol take that @Matt Wood

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
What part of Florida do you live in CJ? I know you have multiple offices. My grandparents used to have a place near Eustis, and I have two uncles in Palm Harbor and Clearwater. My mom winters in Englewood

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
A quick qualifying test would be to ask any potential installer from how many points do they stretch your newly installed carpet. If they don't say 7 then move on.

According to my IICRC training, a properly installed carpet needs to be stretched from 7 points. I guarantee most installers skip this step.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
A quick qualifying test would be to ask any potential installer from how many points do they stretch your newly installed carpet. If they don't say 7 then move on.

According to my IICRC training, a properly installed carpet needs to be stretched from 7 points. I guarantee most installers skip this step.
Good grief!! "According to my IICRC training..."

A bunch of self-appointed rocket surgeons who, for the most part, couldn't clean their way out of a wet paper bag in the real world.

...so they teach.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Good grief!! "According to my IICRC training..."

A bunch of self-appointed rocket surgeons who, for the most part, couldn't clean their way out of a wet paper bag in the real world.

...so they teach.
Hey now, I'm just trying to keep up with the flavor of the week here. Right now it's all about IICRC, Stanley Steemer, and Trinity OP's.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
What part of Florida do you live in CJ? I know you have multiple offices. My grandparents used to have a place near Eustis, and I have two uncles in Palm Harbor and Clearwater. My mom winters in Englewood
I live in Pasco County, Fl. It’s about 20 minutes north of Tampa and is becoming the suburbs of Tampa.

Mikey P

Administrator

In San Diego the Monster Chem boys and I took the opportunity to run a Vibe, a Mytee Eco and a TRS PHX side by side..

in their words, the Mytee is good for the guy who runs an OP a few times a month

the TRS for the guy who uses it every day

and the Vibe for...well.... for the guy who doesn't better. It's lack of oscillation and rotation is a bit shocking...but it looks nice and feels smooth

rick imby

Name
Rick
Clean the carpet right after installation.... You will be amazed how dirty it is. Then Treat it for stain resistance. I put down Stain resistance stuff and let it dry and then went over it again while it was new. It has been a couple of years. I spilled a coke a week ago and I just microfibered toweled it up.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
That’d be great. Fortunately though, I’ve been traveling a lot. We acquired a new territory in Pensacola, Fl. (Escambia County, Fl, Santa Rosa County, Fl, & Baldwin County, Al.) Monday, January 13th was our first day and it’s been a bit of a whirlwind startup. Beautiful area and beaches though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom