Carpet Protector Voids Fabrica Carpet Warranty, are their any others?

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We just cleaned some carpeting for a client and we applied Carpet Protector without her written approval. She claimed that she didn't want or approve the protection so we took it off the bill, it doesn't stop there because she thinks we changed her carpet. She has Fabrica Silk Carpet with Stain Master fibers. After doing a little research I found the Fabrica Warranty online and it states that applying any topical treatment voids their warranty. We normally have clients sign a form stating weather or not they want protection applied but in this case our technician's didn't have her sign it.

Is there anything from Dupont, Shaw or Mohawk that states that it's ok to re-apply Carpet Protector?

Fabrica's Warranty

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Give me a call tomorrow morning at my office number.

You can call me tonight at 412-414-9129 after 6 if you like. I've got a number of things going on tonight, so just leave me a message and the latest time I can call you back if I don't pick up.

Until we talk, get with the manufacturer of the protector you applied immediately. They have the resources to advocate for you beyond what you can do as an individual end user of their product.

I'm thinking that they can help come to a conclusion that will reassure your customer and lower the boiling point on her fears at this stage.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We once cleaned a clients home when they were on vacation. We cleaned all the carpet in the house. Only problem one room was only 2-months old. Communication mistake, it was a good client but she was upset. So much so she called the retailer who told her it took years off the life of the carpet. 🙄

We ended up buying it, it went in my fathers house. A decade later when I bought their home it was still in great shape and I kept it another 8-years before selling that house

It would have been fine, but to keep a client happy we bit the bullet.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You could always go back and rinse it off... and tell the customer not to mention it to Fabrica if she has a warranty issue.

I doubt Fabrica would stick to voiding the warranty if you applied a fluorchemical (although, for an upmarket manufacturer, Fabrica, like Stark, has a poor reputation for customer service). They likely recommend nothing so they don't have to explain different types of stain protectant or have some silicone vendor trying to sue them.

Name
Jeff T
We just cleaned some carpeting for a client and we applied Carpet Protector without her written approval. She claimed that she didn't want or approve the protection so we took it off the bill, it doesn't stop there because she thinks we changed her carpet. She has Fabrica Silk Carpet with Stain Master fibers. After doing a little research I found the Fabrica Warranty online and it states that applying any topical treatment voids their warranty. We normally have clients sign a form stating weather or not they want protection applied but in this case our technician's didn't have her sign it.

Is there anything from Dupont, Shaw or Mohawk that states that it's ok to re-apply Carpet Protector?

Fabrica's Warranty
We’ve got a very high end client that has custom dyed Fabrica...
Their house cleaner used ‘tea tree oil organic cleaner’ on it, and the carpet turned orange in every spot. Trying to explain to them that the new carpet they just had installed 2 months prior was ruined, made for an interesting conversation.....

32C996C3-4BDB-4791-BA6E-6B6C7BC1AA58.png

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
So this Fabrica Silk is made from 100% Stainmaster Luxerell, and has the Stainmaster lifetime warranty. So I think we will be fine since Stainmaster doesn't have any disclaimers for applying topical treatments that I know of.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
In this day an age,do not attempt to coerce clint at all.
You may be recorded,as is common now.
State that a hot rinse should be sufficient.
That's all you can do pretty much.
Is to prepare the carpet for a application suitable for client an mill...
Good luck.The advice above was good ,then but now ...hmmm?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom