Carpet Purchasing & Installation Prices? (Raise OUR pric

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i think it would be advantageous for all of us that don't know carpet Purchasing & Installation pricing to be educated about it.

i mean, if i knew that for prospect X to replace 2,500 sq.ft. of heavily soiled carpet it would cost him $4,000 (made up figure), and my normal price would be say 30¢ per sq.ft. to restore that carpet, i am saving him $3,250!! (and alot of possible headaches)

if i knew how much i might save the prospect, even on the low end (if they bought cheap junk carpet), it MIGHT encourage me to raise my prices...ALOT. and do so with the utmost confidence!

so how much is it to purchase and install carpet?

i am sure there are many variables, but give us a low-end figure and a high-end figure.

thanx --- Derek.

G

2500 sq ft carpet is apx 830 sq yards. Pretty decent size house. Carpet builders grade is 5.50 per sq yd. Install around here is another 4.00 per sq yd (not installed to specs but installed) Pad usually free at these places to get you inside the door. Incidentals and what nots probley looking close to 9g.

WISE

2500 sf is 278 yds

Apartment grade carpet--$3-7 yd

Mid range $15-20

Better--$22-30

High end--$35 and on up (just sold some at $84 yd)

Pad--7/16" 6 lb rebond WHOLESALE is $2.54 sy we sell it for $3

Install anywhere from $5-7 yd--we pay $3

WISE

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Also in the cost of replacement would be the cost of removing furnishings, removing old carpet, maybe a dump fee, replacing furniture and so forth.

A CGD might be inexpensive carpet to buy, but could be expensive to replace because of the cost of scraping up the old carpet.

My estimate of minimum replacement for 2500 sq. ft. $3,000.
Mid-range $8,000. High end $14,000.

Scott Warrington

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
WISE said:
2500 sf is 278 yds

correct, 2,500 sq. ft. divided by 9 = 278 sq. yards.

so with 278 yards @ $15 per yard for mid-range quality carpet, say $2 per yard for pad and $3 per yard for the install, that's $5,560

so if someone were to raise their price from 30¢ up to 50¢ per sq.ft., they'd be saving the client $4,310.

wow, we are saving ppl tons O' money :!: :!: :!:

do y'all ever look at it that way? :?: ?

thanx --- Derek.

BTW, welcome back Scott, hope Mehico was relaxing! :)

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
if this doesn't get CC'ers to raise their prices, what will?

thanx --- Derek.

ok so if a client has a car worth 20K and it is soiled and needs oil changed

I wash the car and change the oil, I charge only 1000.00

I saved them 19K for not buying another one

You people need to get real!

If my cleaning will deliver the results said client is looking for, I'll clean the carpets for a fair amount. If they're expectations can not be met, then I recommend replacement. Believe it or not price of your cleaning does play a factor. I am all for charging more for a carpet that is heavily soiled, but not so much that it's not worth cleaning.

Eric S

While at Lowe's I asked the carpet guy what they charge to install carpet.
Cost of labor only to install carpet and pad providing there are no repairs needed, $1/sft.
Their tear out prices are more than $2/yd and I forget what they charge when furniture is moved. I do not think the use a power stretcher. I've seen their installs, I've seen HD installs. Kinda like carpet cleaning, people are sooo misinformed, they think whatever they get, that's the way it's suppose to be.

As for 6# rebond. GARBAGE. Before I got involved in some installs, I had 6# put in. Then after I started installing, I put in 8#. Not that much more, and is way much better to walk on. With the exception of berber and commercial (3/8" rubber or felt) I've installed nothing but 8#.

So let's get back to the original question. To install carpet and pad, labor only, I charge $10/yd. I power stretch, seam seal, and vacuum when I am done. Get many weird looks from people who charge a few bucks a yard, but hey, you get what you pay for.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
The Cleaning Artist said:
You people need to get real!

huh?

get real as in don't up your price from say 30-50¢ :?:

so your against charging 50¢? i doubt it.

so then what is your point?

your comparing to an oil change doesn't apply.

thanx --- Derek.

My point is

Raise your price based on expenses + profit
Not on what you saved a client!

And to be quite frank with you, I would not pay $.50 per sqft to have carpets cleaned and neither will 95% of consumers!
A really good cleaning can be performed for much less and still turn a nice profit.

2 EACH HIS OWN!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i wouldn't pay anyone to clean my carpets. before i got into this biz, never had them done. parents never had them done. but for some reason, resi clients don't take care of carpet like my fam did (reg vac'ing and taking care of spills ASAP). so they pay for this luxury. if you charge only based on expense and profit that's cool. if someone else charges on making the MOST they can, then cool. who am i or anyone else to say otherwise.

but back to the topic, i hope i'm not the only one who learned how much $ we are saving some clients from replacing filthy carpet :!: :) a real eye opener.

hopefuly this will encourage others who price SO low that they'd be better served to raise there prices. this hurts noone, but helps us all.

thanx --- Derek.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
And to be quite frank with you, I would not pay $.50 per sqft to have carpets cleaned and neither will 95% of consumers!

It's the last 5% I'm interested in.

.50 cents a sq. (TA's only no protector)

I work 9 months out of the year and have cheerleaders that recommend me to all their jet set buddies.

That's what I would call carpet cleaning. If I was still on that end of the industry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom