carpet selection for a resturant

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
the customer wants a commercial glue down style but wants pad under it, it is going to be laid over concrete and will not have any tack strip. it will need to be cleaned about every 2 weeks or so because of the massive amount of traffic and the area is only 15' x 29' pretty much a square.
olefin or nylon both for wear, tables and seats being dragged and easiest cleaning/maint
what direction should i point him in?
thanks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Solution dyed type 6.6 nylon, small pattern, no light colors, particularly no white/off-white, light blue or gray.

Dave, nylon is fine, Olefin is oil loving. color choice is paramount. If they are choosing an off white color, I can see every two weeks. Any other darker color once a month should work. If it is anywhere close to kitchen, dark color burgandy is nice, med. brown works well. Use colors with a pattern also. Its good that you care about their choice, if they picked the wrong carpet, it reflects on your company when your cleaning is not cutting it, due to bad color choice in restaurants by them. good luck, Ron

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
it will be light brown..i will need to be cleaned every 2 weeks because of the amount of things spilled..it amazes me when i go in there 3-4 days after we clean it and it looks great other than all the catchup and drink spills..it would be really really bad after a month. resoling has never been a issue just the amount of spills..

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
C&A powerbond with an RS back.. not the tiles but the 6 ft wide with welded seams no pad and glue to fail, when properly installed. Absolutly not chance of delamination.. Abuse the hell out of the stuff, solution dyed nylon. Clean it every day with out fear of destroying.. and ignore their claims about not being able to use a cimex. The stuff really is indestructable when installed correctly. And will give them the effect they are looking for.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
davegill said:
it will be light brown..i will need to be cleaned every 2 weeks because of the amount of things spilled..it amazes me when i go in there 3-4 days after we clean it and it looks great other than all the catchup and drink spills..it would be really really bad after a month. resoling has never been a issue just the amount of spills..

must not be "those people"

3 mths would be ok :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
floorguy said:
davegill said:

:?: i must have missed something

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Want it over pad but no tackstrip? Does that mean they want to go with a double stick?-(pad glued to floor than carpet glued to pad) if so the installers must not skimp on the glue. These type of installations require lots of glue and their has been huge problems with not using enough, than wrinkling problems later.
Sweendog ive never heard of what youre describing. Six foot wide carpet? Could you explain more?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Re: carpet selection for a restaurant

I agree with Sweendog on the Tandus C&A product. Th powerbond has an attached cushion. It may be more expensive than they are willing to pay but it is a great product. Plus their head maintenance guy is an IICRC approved CCMT instructor for Jon Don.

http://www.tandus.com/products/sixfoot.aspx

If they can't afford Tandus then yes go with doublestick if it is properly installed.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Collins and Aikmen.. its a super duty commercial carpet. With the fibers heat set into a thermoplastic backing. They are available as a very dense thin back or with an attached urethane vinyl padding thats welded in as well so you basically have a product that is impermeable to moisture.. Its alot better than any double stick installation.. Regardless of how well a double glue installation goes, it will inevitably fail. But there is no adhesive to fail between layers. no latex. And when the proper floor prep is done and sealer, the self stick back is quite permanent until its power stripped off the floor by machine.

http://www.tandus.com/products/sixfoot.aspx

An example of C&A

rug41309047.jpg

rug41309049.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
davegill said:
floorguy said:
davegill said:

:?: i must have missed something

Dave go read this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27092

then itll make sense and youll laugh your ass off

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Dave,

Tandus - all the way. What Bill said. Email John Garger for the rep in your area. Great to network when you have a live lead with a mill rep. You won't get too much interest unless you have something to offer. It will be a small job, but something is better than nothing.

Email me if you want his contact info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom