carpet suggestions

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Putting new carpet in my family room. It now has the builder grade crap that came with the house. Gets alot of walk through traffic and the dogs like to lay around. Room is 20x14.

I'm thinking a semi-short freize nylon with a 8lb pad.

What do you think?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was going to suggest what you seem to be leaning towards. I don't know if that is a good thing?

Name
I'm Rick James
I suggested a frieze when my brother installed new carpets and it was a great choice, tons and tons of traffic and a dog. Its cleans up very well everytime. Good choice.

Ernie G

Vincent, There's a product we have installed in about 35-40 houses, including my own, its called (so far away) from tuftex. Its a short cut pile, very dense, slightly multi-colored, not obvious, tactese fiber (very-soft-hand) nylon-rated for high-traffic. This carpet has done great everywhere we have put it, cleans and wears very well, check it out. We also have dogs, two black labs, its been almost 3yrs. and they have'nt even put a slight wear pattern in it. We have cleaned this carpet for at least 12-15 of our clients, including our own house, it cleans-up great.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
admiralclean said:
Good choice. Can you get solution dyed?

I didn't know solution dyed was offered in a residential carpet, but that would be a strong suggestions, thanks.

Ernie G said:
Vincent, There's a product we have installed in about 35-40 houses, including my own, its called (so far away) from tuftex. Its a short cut pile, very dense, slightly multi-colored, not obvious, tactese fiber (very-soft-hand) nylon-rated for high-traffic. This carpet has done great everywhere we have put it, cleans and wears very well, check it out. We also have dogs, two black labs, its been almost 3yrs. and they have'nt even put a slight wear pattern in it. We have cleaned this carpet for at least 12-15 of our clients, including our own house, it cleans-up great.

Ernie, this doesn't resemble the polyester carpet, as in the rough look and the wand going everywhere when cleaning does it?

Ernie G

No Vincent this is continous filiment nylon- great stuff, other wise I would'nt recommend it.

G

I always suggest nylon frize to people,it shows less wear than most.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Ernie G said:

Ernie,
What is the face weight on that product? I was going to agree with the nylon frieze. Do you think that it is the multicolor that is giving the better performance?

Ernie G

No Bill, I think its the density and the tactese fiber, and because its a low pile.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Erie,

Have you seen this carpet? Copied this statement from the "Careptguru's carpet forum.

Gulistan is making some of the best carpet out there these days. They especially have great quality control on their backings and latexes used in making the carpet. Check out their friezes made of solution dyed nylon. They are super.

Ernie G

That sounds great, I have seen some solution dyed nylons in residential, but there's not many to choose from.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Ernie G said:
That sounds great, I have seen some solution dyed nylons in residential, but there's not many to choose from.

I have a carpet store that I do business with. Going to see if he has any of your suggestions.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom