carpet tubes

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sonoco Tubes make some of the best and will custom make the tubes for your requirements both wall thickness, diamter and length. We have 16 16" with a 3/8 wall thickness and 10 feet long. You can use concrete forms but you are limited on thickness and and sizes... sonoco is based out of one of the Carolines but they Manufacture and ship out of Wisconsin.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sonoco has plants all over the place, as do other tube makers.

The scoop on stoarge tubes:
3/8 wall is the minimum thickness for storage tubes. Thinner tubes are made for shipping, but will not stand up to being stacked. Concrete tubes are made to withstand pressure from within, and are often waxed. Wax seems like a good idea until it ages and gets both sticky and dirty.

Any tube maker will make the tubes in whatever length and diameter you want. They usually do not have anything in stock. If you can wait to bundle your order with others of the same diameter you will save a significant amount of money.

One of the biggest costs is shipping all that air, so try to find someone near you as a source. I recommend starting with www.thomasnet.com, or your local phone book, under paper tubes, core tubes, shipping tubes, storage tubes manufacturing.

John Watson

Or drive on over to my place and I will make you a hell of a deal on 7 10 footers and I also have a wheeled cart platform to stack them all on an be Mobile, move and stor them where you want!!!!!

Ron K

IMO tubes use up and need a lot of space. Are you meaning long term storage or just after wash holding area till customer pick up. The only way to make them
effective is to use or have access to both sides. If you don't then put them on an angle and have the longest cross length and then just stagger the tubes down to the smallest size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom