Carpet warranty

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
An Angie’s list customer emails a request to get her carpets cleaned and wants to keep her warranty intact. I haven’t renewed my certification in years(never needed to) does she lose her warranty if I clean her carpets?

FredC

Village Idiot
An Angie’s list customer emails a request to get her carpets cleaned and wants to keep her warranty intact. I haven’t renewed my certification in years(never needed to) does she lose her warranty if I clean her carpets?

Not unless you do something specific that voids the warranty ie a rotary cause fiber damage or non approved chemicals resulting in color loss, etc

The iicrc certified firm is a suggestion not a requirement....afaik it can’t be (FTC/Magnusson Moss Act )

Of course she may still be uncomfortable using you

Edit with example of shaw’s warranty language

F9091D69-2374-4FEC-AE29-DE9ACB6F74EA.png

<-----not a warranty law expert

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Only had a few who requested that over many years. After they read the warranty and see how many times they have to clean and see it only covers what's under the furniture they quickly............forget it.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
We have somehow been contacted by Mohawk a few times to have us clean a carpet that was newly installed still under warranty. Not sure how they found us, but never did they ask or care about IICRC or any other cert. Their only questions were equipment related.

Reactions: Josh Almanza

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom