Carpet wrinkles

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Honestly people, grab up this tool. It makes taking wrinkles out really easy. I'm sure everyone here sees wrinkles. Customers don't always know that they can be removed. It makes you look better and it's easy to add some cash to a job you're already at. I would rather stretch some wrinkles than clean a couch. Easier and quicker.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
How does this work if there are wrinkles across the entire length of a room?

With a kicker, the force is at the leading edge of the head of the tool and I imagine the "stretch" will be effective for a good distance behind the user across the room because there is nothing to resist it, but do those 2 feet being "planted" behind it limit it's effectiveness in pulling what is behind the 2 feet.

I assume you leap-frog the tool across a room, and if so, does most carpet tend to "hold" it's stretch in the short moment the tool is disengaged and moved to the next forward position?

Reactions: SamIam

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Thanks Fred.

So the magic happens in right up against the tack strip where the 3 or so feet of carpet closest to the wall is slightly "over-stretched" to say, onto the tack, and the residual tension left in the last few feet against the perimeter snugs the slack when the tool is disengaged and the tension is free to equalize.

Not how I thought it worked.

Smart tool.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Honestly its a quick fix small bump tool for hard angle spots I love my jr. power stretcher. I did see the guy do a 1 room install with one but I dont think it replace a power stretcher completely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
After seeing the video I gotta believe the mini will work better. It pulls everything to the wall.
No backward push.
Gene

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom