Cat Pump Question

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Took the pump to a pressure washing company where I have dealt some with before, he examined head and found all the check values looked like they had been sand blasted.

One more question for you folks (or anyone in the know). I was looking at Windtrax for a replacement pump cost and they list a 5CP5120. What would be the difference in that and a 5CP3120? Anyone know?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The 5120 operates at 5 GPM @ max pressure of 3000 PSI the 3120 4.5 GPM @ max pressure of 3500 ... the 5120 runs at 1415 rpms while the 3120 at 1645 rpms.

Do you do much pressure washing ?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
always put back the same. If you switch pumps you need to switch pulleys (see the RPM's hoody posted) Will there be any issues if you dont? I dunno for sure but I know you wont have any if you put the same pump back :)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Called Wintrax when I got in today. They can order the 3120 so that solves that. Thanks, John, Hoody, Ashley for your info.
I can order the entire pump for a little more than what it cost to overhaul the head with new check valves and seals etc.
Plus, I wanted to stay with same pump because the Zentherm pump connects to it also (not sure if the two are different in that way or not)

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
photo-25.jpg

photo-26.jpg

7 days later and still removing gold dust resin from the faucets in the home! Yesterday the company agreed to order a new pump from Wintrax, I told them I would install it.

He acted as if I had taken advantage of them! I said first of all I have never received an apology for the fact that their tech/company caused me all this stress and the fact that I have put over 15 hours of my own time into getting the problem solved. I told him what I could have done was take it to have it serviced, have a new pump put on with the labor cost plus the labor cost to clean out the system and all would probably have run his company around 3k, then I could have taken them that bill instead. So I figured I had saved them over 2k. Not to mention if I had not had a back up TM then they would have been out lost income for that.

And what if the new pump (and possible uploader) don't solve the problem, we'll see next week.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That really sucks. Imagine if they had done that in your home. Don't take this the wrong way as this is a absolutely not your fault but it often turns out bad when you have a someone outside our industry try to work on our equipment. Things just go wrong with even the most basic things like changing the oil on a machine or installing a water softner backwards. I can't explain it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if you did not do it already.....drain and flush out your homes...hot water tank.... and if you did...do it a few more times......bet it looks worse then the bottom of your fresh tank.....probably why you are still seeing this crap in your house.......

If it is gas..turn it off at heater....if it is, electric....turn it off at panel......
turn off water supply to hot water heater....put a hose on the drain valve and drain it as much as possible....once it it drained down...leave drain valve open and turn water supply back on and let it flush for a while....the drain valve is about 3 inches taller then the bottom of he tank so those little hell beads are probably nesting in it.....

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Oh crap. Thought it was installed in the truck. In the house really really really sucks. I should read everything I see now your faucets are all plug damn. Sorry Billy you have big problems bigger then just the pump.

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Yeah, this faucet is from my daughters bath, it was the only one I didn't get a chance to flush out last weekend. It also was closest to hot water tank, so with this the washer, dishmachine, one other faucet, & 3 commodes it took about 3-4 hours all together to mess with the house.

Jim, I did drain the hot water tank, and alot came out of it also, but not near as much as went through the V. I will do the extra step you suggested on the tank, thanks.

This is a commercial system installation so bigger tank of resin. My suggestion to anyone having a system installed "IS to STAND OVER THEIR SHOULDER" when they hook it up to make sure it's right! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom