cat pump

G

my machine was fine untill i descaled it. my pressure now flutters a little and you can see it through the solution hose do u think a piece of dirt or any thing got into the pump .that is the only thing i haven checked is it easy to take it a part i have never done it.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Most likely, something broke free and lodged in a check valve in the pump head, keeping it slightly open.

Pretty simple to fix. Remove the 6 plugs, remove and inspect the valves and reinstall.

G

when i take the plugs off do the plastic sleeves come righ out or do i have to pull them out with something

G

harper u know nothing your the only one here that likes to give people the heat . do me a favor dont reply to my posts. i have a steamway 9100lx there is not a nother person on this board that has one i always work with paul from newengland steamway ive been with him for 5 years ever since steamway near rochester went under, my machine in complacted thats why i have to exhaust all avenues i had to check qds because last year when i descaled had a problem with the old male qd and the new female qd. this was my last resort to figure it out i dont need any of your help.every one has helped me out with no verbale attacks i have never taken my cat pump apart but i will. i have done a few jobs with it the tech at cat said it would not hurt it.my machine works really good abit more work to do on it but its there. u keep working your gonna need to. i really dont need to mamma does over 180k :D ask marty admiral clean

minuteman

Time to "Chill" Boys !!!
i descaled the truck today un did the qd like i did the last time ran descaler 1/2 hour water was really brown. hook up the qd back to the cat pump turn machine on and the pressure starts going up and down a little u can hear the ticking its sucking air so i guess i have to change the male and femaleagain like before why is it like this. it always happends but i have a small job on monday morning do u think it will be all right to do it and i can go change them after the job i dont have any extras and theres nothing open here on the weekend and i dont think i can get these qds at lowes its a short female qd but the male is opened no nipple????

You answered the "Q" yourself , its cavitation, the pump is sucking air. Nothing Wrong With The PUMP! It was not connected when you descaled the rest . Even if it was no biggie it would push it right down the line. So go to the "O"rings in the QD's as you call them and take a Dentist tooth pick pull them and check them, buy the way yours should be true flows used on every high pressure steam cleaner made. Now if that dose not work move on to the "Dema Valves" if you have them, they run the water flow and the solution flow to the water holding tank for the pump, unless you have a straight feed system to the pump and a last stage chem inject, open them, check them. A pump dose nothing but PUSH Water or Air, it never Changes . It will give you what you FEED IT! Also check for scale deposit screens in the pressure lines just before the QC's they might be clogged thus starving the pump.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Duane Oxley said:
Most likely, something broke free and lodged in a check valve in the pump head, keeping it slightly open.

Pretty simple to fix. Remove the 6 plugs, remove and inspect the valves and reinstall.

Duane brought up a very good point and I remember a couple years ago I was loosing all but about 100 psi when keying the wand on one of my 290's. I figured the cups were shot and I had a rebuild kit. When I pulled the pump apart a very tiny sliver of debris was stuck in one of the parts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom