Cat pump

Lonny

Supportive Member
Sooo, on a Butler system, I turned the setting to mach II, and the pressure lingers around 3-500, but drops considerably when the wand is keyed. I turned up the pressure and it did nothing, nothing, nothing, then shot up to 1500 psi, Keying the wand bled off the pressure, and then it regulated back to the previous lethargic 3-500psi. Rebuild time? Bad unloader/regulator? Whaddya think? Pump is a Cat 435-3000
The vacuum is great fwiw, temp... eh, about 160 when warm.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Yes, check the unloader (pressure regulator) before suspecting your pump. Cheap, easy fix that is more often the problem than your pump.

Lonny

Supportive Member
it doesn't appear to be sticking and looks relatively new to boot.
I took a video of the pressure issue, what you can't see is after each time the pressure drops to zero, it begins to go up again after I key the wand.
It seems to shoot up intermittently, and unexpectedly, no rhyme or reason to it from what I can see. http://youtu.be/crQA0XmM9bc

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At first I was going to say there was crap in the pump check valves not letting it build pressure but at the end of the video the pressure looks like it was bouncing up just similar to an air leak just as Larry mentioned.

Reactions: Lonny

Lonny

Supportive Member
I suspect if there is an air leak in there it would be the fault of the QC's rather than the rest of the plumbing. How would one search for an air leak in there?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
take a qt bottle filled with soapy water and spray on every area suspected of leaking.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
How would one search for an air leak in there?

not familiar with your TM.
I'm able to disconnect the hose from the water supply box.
i plug in a garden hose (with QD that fits) , turn the water on and look for drips

if you can't do that, , maybe rig up a QD to a garden hose, plug it into the solution out on the front and push water back in.
be sure to clamp the hose going to the water box

any drips you see will be an air leak

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom